'Sister Wives' Wedding -- Guests Hide from Cameras

10/11/2010 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Sister Wives" star Kody Brown has every aspect of his life filmed for a reality show -- but TMZ has learned when he got hitched to wife #4, a number of his polygamist guests were not nearly as camera-ready.

Sister Wives.

As TMZ first reported, Brown married Robyn Sullivan a few months back. TLC's cameras were not allowed in the actual religious ceremony, but they did film the reception.   But here's the problem ...  About half the polygamist guests did not want their faces on camera because of the legal issues in which Kody now finds himself embroiled.

So Kody made accommodations by creating "camera-free zones" -- where lots of publicity-shy well-wishers hung out.  As one person said, "The reality is that bigamy is still a felony and the mainstream still doesn't accept it."

As for the particulars of the reception, sources tell us there were about 200 guests ... mostly other polygamists. They served finger foods, open faced sandwiches, relish trays, and lots of varieties of cheesecake.

One of the plural family guests had their son and daughter sing a song for everyone -- "We Are Families," perhaps?

Jinxy

Let face it, this woman is sick, she's bringing two children into this creepy sexualize fake marriage - so where is their bio dad? Why would you let your children live with a spouse who settled for an illegal and immoral lifestyle with other women who apparently live to sexually service this man? I am hoping they live together for a long while, but that they lose ALL their children. Worst mothers in the world, anyone who would expose children to this bizarre lifestyle doesn't deserve to be called mom. All of them are hot messes to begin with, I do have to wonder why the bio dad didn't step in and fight for custody, those poor kids it seems no one loves or cares about them. They'd fair better in foster care sadly.

Gisele Normandeau

This show should be banned from TV. We have better things to watch on TLC (the learning channel) ??? Allowing this show is enabling a crime to be committed in the eyes of all the viewers. Polygamy is illegal in the U.S so why would this show continue???

Kelly

I couldn't help myself when I saw this on last night. I had to see how they act. Unbelievable!! I was floored when I learned he's been married to Meri for 20 years, another for 17 and 3rd one for 16!!

I say they put a "married" gay couple on a reality show if they are going to show this!! Fair is fair. If bigamy can be glorified, then gays should be celebrated too I say.

Keirie420

What?? No Jello, no funeral potatoes? As an honest to God Utah native (and not, not even a bigamist) I have to look forward to the Mormon treats. What about tuna casseroles with potato chip crusts?

DiDi

The 2nd wife is a glorified nanny. After 3 years of marriage wife # 1 wanted free child care. Hubby became a Mormon and took wife # 2.

Tornado

I watched this show last night. I couldn't believe it. First of all, Wife #2 has her car window taped up but Kody is sporting around town in a Lexus sports car. This tool treats these women like collection pieces. He loves being in the center of attention. He treats them like vessels for his "seed".
What really set me off last night was Robyn telling her kids that was daddy instead of Kody. Where is their biological dad? Robyn seems to be trying too hard to be accepted. Christine can't stand being on the sidelines either and makes sly little remarks about her relationship so as not to be out done. The whole thing is a psychological mind screw.

chzman

Anyone who judges these people for their lifestyle choices are hypocrites and prejudice. If you don't speak out against gay marraiges, then SHUT THE **** UP! Sodomy was illegal in the United States until 2003. Why were the sodomy laws repealed? Because of tolerance and acceptance of the lifestyle choices they made. If homosexuality and gay marraiges are accaptable in this day and age...why is not polygamy?!!!!!! I'd rather my children see a man marry several women having relations with them than any homosexual couple out there! And for all you "bible thumpers" out there...I hope not a one of you have been divorced and remarried. The Bible expressly forbids such actions! The Bible clearly states you are married for life. So you too, are guilty of having multiple wives and husbands. I'd vernture to bet many of the people condemning these type of families live a swinging lifestyle (with or without their partners knowledge)

SoThere

Kody must be making a boatload of cash off TLC.
Took his "REAL" wife Meri to Mexico on vacation and
her "anniversary gift" was he wanted her to have another
child!!!! HAHAHAHA. Meri told him no thanks.
This guy is unbelievable!
TLC WTF happened to you??? You're turning into the MAURY
of television!

Linda

TMZ THE PEOPLE THAT ADVERTIZE HERE ON THE COMMENTS SHOULD BE SENT A BILL. WHY DO YOU ALLOW THIS **** TO CONTINUE. I WOULDNT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE JUST BECAUSE THEIR INCONSIDERATE AND FREELOADERS

holycow

Kody is so arrogant. He is going to be thrown off his pedastal when the verdict comes down on him. My wife watched this show out of total curiousity and informed me that it will be off the air after next Sunday. This guy might as well forget about lawyering up, he is dead in the water. I wonder if all the women will go out and get them a few husbands to replace him while he is in jail?

Curtis

To number 7, DiDi, Kody left the "Mormon" church so that he could take marry wife 1,2,3, and now 4. He even tells this at first...they don't belong to the Mormon church.

jenn

First, I personally think this is insane, but can see where these people grew up in this culture, as many across the world have, have no problem with it.
Second,I have Mormon in_laws (converted from Catholicism,ironic don't you think), and my brother in law just got Sealed in the Temple to a great girl that also converted. I couldn't even go WATCH, let alone take pictures. It's not how it's done.
I have not watched Sunday nights episode, getting set to see people with crazier lives than mine.

Boo

It's not legal who cares. It's like pet owners who marry their labs for fun. This guy has a wife, two baby mommas and a girlfriend living under one roof. The only victims are the poor kids per usual for TLC shows. Money and fame from the show will cause these idiots to fight and become greedy. Happens to real couples like Jon and Kate.

dd

Can one of his winches give him a decent haircut?

Al

Why are all the women in Polagamy marriages....God awful ugly, all the time ? This tool thinks he's some hot love stud for bagging all these ugly women ? Any tool that would even ask these girls out....could bag them. Hugh Hefner, Now that's one guy we all can envy. Not the jerk wad.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments