Paris Hilton Suspect -- Turn Your Head and Cuff

10/13/2010 8:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: The L.A. City Attorney has officially charged the suspect with trespassing and battery ... both misdemeanors. If convicted on both counts, dude faces up to a year behind bars and thousands of dollars in fines.

TMZ has obtained a photo of the man cops arrested at Paris Hilton's L.A. home yesterday -- moments after he allegedly snuck past a guard gate and tried to knock on her door.

1013_paris_EXC_launch
As TMZ first reported, the suspect -- James Rainford -- allegedly got into a physical altercation with private security after he rode his bike to Paris' front door and began to ring her doorbell. LAPD soon arrived on scene and arrested the suspect for battery.

We're told Rainford told police that he "knew" Paris ... though sources close to Hilton tell us she has never met this guy in her life.

Rainford was held on $20,000 bail.

Pretty LL

I'm just not buying this one. The paps wouldn't be at her house if she didn't call them. She's not relevant enough for them to park outside her door 24/7 anymore (like Lohan). that pic is too clear, focused and close to be anyone but a pro

Max

Maybe he's her drug dealer?

Shea

People really need to stop blaming the victim.

Some demented guy crashing a gate is serious. Mental people often turn violent.

Duh

That cop on the right sorta looks like Johnny Knoxville. Are you sure this wasn't a stunt where the alleged perp grabs the taser from the cop and zaps Knoxville in the balls?

CGS

What's up with the cop posing at the right? That's hilarious!

go home!

He looks like a child...probably just some horny little teenage boy wanting to say hi..

Firefly

Take a good look at his nose. It looks like Pinocchio. He must be telling the cops a dozen different reasons why he was there. lol

Jay

I wish I could have annoying people arrested for knocking on my door. Starting with the people who try to convert my religion and ending with the boy scouts trying to sell me stale cookies.

MikeR

re: No wonder you folks (state) are broke in California, you have cops arresting people for KNOCKING ON A DOOR!!! How is it that the likes of Paris get to have people arrested and thrown in jail for knocking on a door? Too bad the state of California couldn't tap into the power of self-importance and light up homes and highways with the glare of stupidity that comes off of this person. If I were paying taxes in that state, I would be pissed.

Posted at 7:12 AM on Oct 13, 2010 by Kimberly
-----------------

I agree Kim, you nailed it. From what I can see, all this 'suspect' did was come up to house and ring the bell. How is that a problem?? I'd be pretty pissed at the security and cops as well.

I get strangers at my door all the time, does this mean I can call the cops and have them arrested if I feel like it??? WTF?

jhambrose34

Bite Me Bitch

durrr...

i mean come on...why on earth does this 'intruder' look like an aged eagle scout!??! riding a suped up past fashion mountain bike on top of all that, with hyper suspension and a coiled seat shock???!!! you'd think a nerd would have gone about breaking into someone's home a lil smarter, or not??!!! geeze, college loans must have some massive interest rates.

Dake

Guess he should not have knocked!! Just bust the f**k on in! 20,000 bail??? WTF

JLS

No matter how you feel about Paris, this is some pretty scary stuff. There was an actress that was shot in the face when she answered the door years ago. A stalker managed to find out where she lived and just walked up to knock on the door with no problems. If you are a celeb, you need to fend off nuts and one of those ways is to live in a very private secure gated community. Get them BEFORE they get to the door. SCARY STUFF HERE.

cochino

_______________
Well you see, this is where you are wrong. She's not an actress, because she sucks at it. She's also certainly not a celebrity either. She's just paid to stand and pose at events like the freak show she is.

With all the money she has one would think she could afford a better place, surrounded by a gate with the house not so close to the street. We deserve to have her ass as far away from the public as possible.

Better luck next time dude!

JM

Well she couldn't very well have said "yes officer I know him, he's my coke dealer."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments