« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Slash's National Anthem -- A Real Icebreaker

10/13/2010 6:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Slash strapped up and strung out last night during the L.A. Kings game -- ripping one of the most incredible renditions of "The Star-Spangled Banner" we've ever heard.

Slash National Anthem

Must have worked too -- because the Kings thrashed Atlanta 3-1 at the Staples Center.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mike

You know as an artist, he did really good. Trying to compare his version to Hendrix, please..... Not bad at all and it was much different than the same old thing.

Tailee Raine

#4...Agreed! And please for the love of God, play the Nation Anthem the way its suppose to be played!

"ripping one of the most incredible renditions of "The Star-Spangled Banner" we've ever heard."
Umm, yeah ok... not even close.

This guy rocks the guitar don't get me wrong... Just not for the Anthem.

i'm bored

oh my fricking jesus please don't put this performance in the same category as hendrix. i think even slash would be insulted by that. this was an extremely basic note for note rendition of the star spangle banner. i actually like slash quite a bit but this was as uninspired (safe) a performance of this song as I could imagine. I could youtube a hundred 14 year olds who pulled off this anthem with more impressive qualities.

Lilwing

Slashs rendition was good but its just hard to hear it when I have Hendrix's ingrained in my mind !!!!

Danny

Yep, Slash can jam there is not doubt, but hard to see the emotion from the lousy camera angle, and the notes themselves were very basic stuff. Hendrix still holds the record for the most passionate and intense SSB recorded.

Steve

Zakk Wylde does a better version

what He said

why would ANY one wanna compare Slash with Jimi that's just insane like comparing apples and oranges both are good and quite different.

Yeah duh Jimi was like what 20 yrs old? For Slash's age not only is his version excellent(as well) in his own right.

Slash still have quite the bottom on him tres bien for his rear en'!!
Slash makes me proud to be an American even though we have an idiot for a prez.

Boy Gary

Slash is God

cali

Are they kidding?
This guy is a fart in the wind compared to Hendrix

Danny

Hey TMZ, I just got a call from Francis Scott Key, he wanted me to pass along his regards and that Hendrix still has his vote for best rendition of his song.

what He said

ya know you wanna give him a good butt rimmin'!!

jus' suck it!

Steve

1989 called & it wants it's style back

TheUltraworld

Jimmy Hendrix could play the Star Spangled Banner. Slash is average. Couldn't get a front view of him?

Ms. L

All I have to say is Woodstock.... Hendrix....

I love Slash too... but there was no comparison.

lili

Truth is, not so great. In fact, almost painful.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments