T.I. -- Rapper Talks Suicidal Jumper Off the Ledge

10/13/2010 6:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

T.I. played a key role in talking a suicidal man off the ledge of a 22-story building in Atlanta today ... TMZ has learned.

T.I.
It all went down earlier this afternoon -- when cops responded to a 911 call about a man who was threatening to jump off a building in downtown Atlanta ... the same building where Ryan Cameron's Radio Show on V103 is based.

We're told T.I. heard about the jumper on the radio -- and called Ryan Cameron to see if there was anything he could do to help out with the situation.

Ryan Cameron tells us ... he told T.I. to roll over to the building, where the rapper met with police and recorded a heartfelt video message which cops then played for the man on the roof.

We're told after the man saw T.I.'s video he agreed to step off the ledge ... and met T.I. in the lobby, where the two were able to talk things out.

Ryan Cameron also tells us that cops informed the radio station that they will not be pressing charges against the man.

Calls to T.I.'s reps have not been returned.

UPDATE: Sources have revealed to TMZ what T.I. said in the video message: "Nothing is that bad. Nothing in life is worth taking your life. I'm here to help you. Please come down to talk to me."

1013_ti_small_audio_launch_EXUPDATE PART 2: T.I. just explained the day's events to the people over at V103 ... you'll wanna check it out.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Your Aunt Bea

Happy ending! Well done to all.

JLS

Wow, very well done, T.I.! Incredibly nice of you to save this man's life. Thank you!

timmay

Cops let a rapper who just happens to be in the hood talk to a suicidal man? Uh Huh, sure they did. I guess the fact that this same rapper is facing some serious crime time has nothing to do with this tall tale being leaked to the press. yeah right, I'm calling BULLSH*T to this story and if it IS true those cops outta be looking for a job first thing tomorrow morning.

Sassy

Nice, positive deed before he's shipped back to jail. Something he can think about. Maybe it'll really get him to stay focused when he's released.

Now let's wait for some idiot to turn this story into something negative.

alex a

Now let's wait for some idiot to turn this story into something negative.

Kelly

I'll be that idiot. I smell community service!

Melissa

I smell a horribly bad publicity stunt!

Mikey

"T.I. happened to be in the area and asked police if there was anything he could do to help out with the situation."

So it was the situation that tryed to kill he self. Now it all makes sense. That kid has mental problems.

alexis drew

yes community service, but this is good timing for T.I. He was smart enough to help out. Well done!

Big Mamma Cornbread

TIP

Mike w

#4 NEEDS TO SUCK A ****. STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE IT MUST SUCK TO BE YOU YOUR A UNHAPPY CREATURE AND YOU NEED HELP. GREAT THING T.I. DID.

Kelly

Saving a life is definately a good thing. Sipping syrup n smoking weed while on parole...not s much!

timmay

Hey 14, Cops cannot allow civilians to help, ESPECIALLY when someones life is at stake.Live in the real world folks, you get lied to on a daily basis so WAKE UP !!!

w

Number 15, you also forgot while driving!

but in all fairness, it was a great thing to do, he saved someones life, God Bless him and the man who attempted that.

dbox

new track feat T.I http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH4zZctQPb8
dream on ... he rapped his verse to the dumba$$ trying to jump !

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments