T.I. -- Rapper Talks Suicidal Jumper Off the Ledge

10/13/2010 6:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

T.I. played a key role in talking a suicidal man off the ledge of a 22-story building in Atlanta today ... TMZ has learned.

T.I.
It all went down earlier this afternoon -- when cops responded to a 911 call about a man who was threatening to jump off a building in downtown Atlanta ... the same building where Ryan Cameron's Radio Show on V103 is based.

We're told T.I. heard about the jumper on the radio -- and called Ryan Cameron to see if there was anything he could do to help out with the situation.

Ryan Cameron tells us ... he told T.I. to roll over to the building, where the rapper met with police and recorded a heartfelt video message which cops then played for the man on the roof.

We're told after the man saw T.I.'s video he agreed to step off the ledge ... and met T.I. in the lobby, where the two were able to talk things out.

Ryan Cameron also tells us that cops informed the radio station that they will not be pressing charges against the man.

Calls to T.I.'s reps have not been returned.

UPDATE: Sources have revealed to TMZ what T.I. said in the video message: "Nothing is that bad. Nothing in life is worth taking your life. I'm here to help you. Please come down to talk to me."

1013_ti_small_audio_launch_EXUPDATE PART 2: T.I. just explained the day's events to the people over at V103 ... you'll wanna check it out.

Lorraine

Conveniently played good deed since the rapper is due back in court in 2 days about revoking his probation due to the drug bust in LA

Duh

You wanna know what? I like TI and I'm not (in general) a fan of the rap "game". He watched one of his best friends and entourage members die in his arms after his vehicle was shot at, then went on the defensive and got some weapons of his own -- completely understandable. If he'd been a white dude in Texas, purchasing firearms (illegal or not) to protect his family after a break-in or tragedy, this would have shook out completely differently.

Everyone likes to party -- celebrities included and it sucks that they're every move is scrutinized and people can't wait for them to fail. I'd say the good TI has done FAR OUTWEIGHS the bad, and this is just another example of someone who didn't have to get involved doing something to help another person in crisis.

ManiacalZebra

It's good that they guy came down, but inserting yourself into a situation like that? Need publicity much?

Angela33

Gullible a** people! lol thats what Hollywood calls a publicity stunt DUH!!!

Vanessa

Yeah, I think I'm a jumper...
TI save me

That's a sexy bad man

Timdog

This sounds a little staged...wouldn't ya say????

Tim

lol @ pressing charges

Real love

Hmmmm..All of a sudden!

John

look people get a clue.. who cares what he has done in life or whatever..

He was clearly wanting to help and good thing he did. We ALL can learn a lesson

Reader

If I was on that roof about to jump and they sent up a video message of TI I would say Who the Hell is this guy then jump anyways.

Bpayne

Man, they need to leave this guy alone for real, He is not a danger to anybody,he is actually good for the economy, creating jobs and such. The Guns, they were for HIS protection, he wasn't gonna shoot anyone who didn't deserve it, so that was Bull****, and the drugs, well thats his ****ing business, man these are the same people that say when you kill a cop it's murder, damn!, when a cop PULLS YOU OVER, then they deserve what they get for sticking their nose in YOUR business, it's not like you chased a cop down and killed him, HE stopped YOU. thats not murder thats self defense, man this is a ****ed up world

rafa

"Now let's wait for some idiot to turn this story into something negative.

Posted at 2:58 PM on Oct 13, 2010 by alex a"

yeah I thought about this too.. and they are already trying to turn this into something negative.

get a life out of TMZ people.

rafa

"Now let's wait for some idiot to turn this story into something negative.

Posted at 2:58 PM on Oct 13, 2010 by alex a"

get a life out of TMZ people.

Sultry

Pleaassse!!! and Dr Murray, MJ Killer, save a dying lady on an airplane. This is a ploy to save himself. His image. Just like The Good DR.

jamar

out of all people T.I. was there, sounds like he's working with the authorities again believe me they can set something up like this for their number one snitch.