T.I. -- Rapper Talks Suicidal Jumper Off the Ledge

10/13/2010 6:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

T.I. played a key role in talking a suicidal man off the ledge of a 22-story building in Atlanta today ... TMZ has learned.

T.I.
It all went down earlier this afternoon -- when cops responded to a 911 call about a man who was threatening to jump off a building in downtown Atlanta ... the same building where Ryan Cameron's Radio Show on V103 is based.

We're told T.I. heard about the jumper on the radio -- and called Ryan Cameron to see if there was anything he could do to help out with the situation.

Ryan Cameron tells us ... he told T.I. to roll over to the building, where the rapper met with police and recorded a heartfelt video message which cops then played for the man on the roof.

We're told after the man saw T.I.'s video he agreed to step off the ledge ... and met T.I. in the lobby, where the two were able to talk things out.

Ryan Cameron also tells us that cops informed the radio station that they will not be pressing charges against the man.

Calls to T.I.'s reps have not been returned.

UPDATE: Sources have revealed to TMZ what T.I. said in the video message: "Nothing is that bad. Nothing in life is worth taking your life. I'm here to help you. Please come down to talk to me."

1013_ti_small_audio_launch_EXUPDATE PART 2: T.I. just explained the day's events to the people over at V103 ... you'll wanna check it out.

Kelly

Can we say publicity stunt?

Shellfish789

Finally, SOME GOOD NEWS!....That's for reporting Good News

viewer

let's see...publicity stunts. like taping a gay man having sex and pushing him to jump off a bridge?

Like getting busted for drugs?

Or how about marrying a gay lover for money.

I'm sure a big name rapper could've pulled off bigger stunts than this if he really wanted the attention. Rappers typically yap about gang warfare and violence, it's nice for a change to see a rapper talk a man into choosing life.

Lighten up people. If it were a publicity stunt, I'm sure the cops would've prosecuted the man on the ledge.

smokes10

Totally agree #4....

Jack Simpson

Yeah that is a bunch of BS total setup

kelly

Nice job TI, and I hope the individual get some help soon.

JJ

Hopefully this will help shorten his sentence....

dbox

new track feat T.I http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH4zZctQPb8
dream on ... he rapped his verse to the dumba$$ trying to jump !

Luis

I wonder if T.I. was singin "Jumper" to him...

Nancy

I'm glad the guy didn't take the leap. Why is TI involved? The guy really messed up the Midtown traffic. The street was closed for two hours.

Robert

Unfortunately TI also sold the bridge to the very same cops...Fortunately TI wouldn't need a bridge because he can now walk on water. Unfortunately for him the judge won't believe a word of any of it...gotcha!

hardwood22

I have NO use for rappers, hip-hoppers, etc. However, what T.I. did was not only heroic and compassionate, but he showed what we all can be............if we WANT TO!!

Smackchump

I wish the headline would have read "T.I. committs suicide by jumping off roof". You know, I thought it was cool he did the forgiveness show on MTV before. But now it's just annoying and so fake when he does this ****. Clifford, get a life. Get a clue. Your a ****ing stupid millionaire and you obviously learned nothing. You think just because you have money you can go around not obeying traffic laws and doing drugs. I'm on probation, and I do everything I'm supposed to.

Truth

YEA, DUDE IS TRYING TO REDUCE HIS EXPECTED PRISON TIME FOR DUZ - DRIVING UNDER SIZZURP!!

beau

SET up!!! TI you still going to jail along with your ugly wife.