T.I. -- Rapper Talks Suicidal Jumper Off the Ledge

10/13/2010 6:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

T.I. played a key role in talking a suicidal man off the ledge of a 22-story building in Atlanta today ... TMZ has learned.

T.I.
It all went down earlier this afternoon -- when cops responded to a 911 call about a man who was threatening to jump off a building in downtown Atlanta ... the same building where Ryan Cameron's Radio Show on V103 is based.

We're told T.I. heard about the jumper on the radio -- and called Ryan Cameron to see if there was anything he could do to help out with the situation.

Ryan Cameron tells us ... he told T.I. to roll over to the building, where the rapper met with police and recorded a heartfelt video message which cops then played for the man on the roof.

We're told after the man saw T.I.'s video he agreed to step off the ledge ... and met T.I. in the lobby, where the two were able to talk things out.

Ryan Cameron also tells us that cops informed the radio station that they will not be pressing charges against the man.

Calls to T.I.'s reps have not been returned.

UPDATE: Sources have revealed to TMZ what T.I. said in the video message: "Nothing is that bad. Nothing in life is worth taking your life. I'm here to help you. Please come down to talk to me."

1013_ti_small_audio_launch_EXUPDATE PART 2: T.I. just explained the day's events to the people over at V103 ... you'll wanna check it out.

sc

When I was walking to meet my car because it couldn't get down Peachtree... block tied off, explosives team and armored response team was flying by...I hope it is true.. if so THANK YOU God for T.I. today.... Knew I should have taken pics.

Kevin Baldwin

Wow, what and idea, next time I am in Atlanta I am going to threaten to jump off the Cheetah Club's roof!

Robert

This is what my French friend Beau Gus would call BOGUS!

sadiedaddie

so fake.... come on just get arrested gonna be pullin chains soon and your saving folks... come on tip take it on the chin like a man cuz

jamal

Total set up. 103 is a station here in atlanta that takes care of their community. Now, some dumb judge will use this stunt to give this fool another break. Then we will wait until the fool kills someone. Wake up

Allie

OMG a rapper did something useful for once. Call the Guinness Book of Records.

tgrfan42069

this will look good when he goes to court..dang celebs always thinking of a way to make themselves look good/.

Lauren

A good heart and a good man. I didn't follow TI before, but I will now. God bless him.

MsSuburbia

*eyeroll* Brilliant attempt at public redemption, TI. *another eyeroll*

Fuck Celebrities

Given the choice, most people would jump rather than listen to a "rapper".

cali

Two days ago it was reported his Probation officer will recommend 14 months in jail for his latest legal problems, and today T.I is a good samaritan. What a coincidence.

PommieGirl

Publicity stunt.

Stacee

Sounds like a publicity stunt but who knows.

Joao

Coincidence? I think not. Mr Big is behind all of this. The judge needed an excuse to cut this guy a break.

Megadeth

Muhammad Ali did the same thing in '81, now T.I. does it, saving a life is always a great thing! Has Harvey stopped texting while driving yet?