T.I. -- Rapper Talks Suicidal Jumper Off the Ledge

10/13/2010 6:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

T.I. played a key role in talking a suicidal man off the ledge of a 22-story building in Atlanta today ... TMZ has learned.

T.I.
It all went down earlier this afternoon -- when cops responded to a 911 call about a man who was threatening to jump off a building in downtown Atlanta ... the same building where Ryan Cameron's Radio Show on V103 is based.

We're told T.I. heard about the jumper on the radio -- and called Ryan Cameron to see if there was anything he could do to help out with the situation.

Ryan Cameron tells us ... he told T.I. to roll over to the building, where the rapper met with police and recorded a heartfelt video message which cops then played for the man on the roof.

We're told after the man saw T.I.'s video he agreed to step off the ledge ... and met T.I. in the lobby, where the two were able to talk things out.

Ryan Cameron also tells us that cops informed the radio station that they will not be pressing charges against the man.

Calls to T.I.'s reps have not been returned.

UPDATE: Sources have revealed to TMZ what T.I. said in the video message: "Nothing is that bad. Nothing in life is worth taking your life. I'm here to help you. Please come down to talk to me."

1013_ti_small_audio_launch_EXUPDATE PART 2: T.I. just explained the day's events to the people over at V103 ... you'll wanna check it out.

boss

T.i is the hottest black guy ive ever seeen!

MercyC

I'm glad T.I. could help this man.
Timmay, I don't see how T.I.'s other bad decisions have anything to do with him having been able to help the man get away from the ledge.
Instead of knocking people down, why don't we have an encouraging attitude? One thing that's wrong with this world is people like you, "Timmay".
And as far as the cops, they know T.I.'s very well known. T.I.'s fame more than anything probably helped. The man probably thought "wow, a celebrity cares about me?"

abbazia appartamento

A good story....

ladydiinpa

I believe this as much as Kim just happened to be a bar and some girl throws and drink on her and cameras just happen to be there..
I like TI, but this is shady and sloppy...you just happen to be headed back to jail and you just happen to hear about a man that wants to jump off a building ...okay,...yeah....

ERIC GORE

WHAT THIS MAN DID SHOULD B COMMENDED BUT OF COURSE THERE IS GOIN 2 B PPL WHO IS GOIN 2 BRING A NEGATIVE LIGHT ON THIS SITUATION BUT ANYWAY CONGRATS 2 T. I. AND GOD BLESS HIM AND THE GENTLEMAN WHO DIDNT TAKE HIS LIFE NUTN IS THAT SERIOUS 2 TAKE UR OWN LIFE

Diane McIntosh

If i wasn't there I wouldn't believe it. the man was dangling from the roof since 2:30 and our office manager called security to alert them that he was on the roof, once kneeling, and dangling. Pretty sure he was up there for attention but T.I. just happened to be a passerby. Give T.I. a break; he has a lot of good to him.

MeMe

Whatever... I live in Atlanta and he didn't happen to be in the middle of downtown during rush hour. That was NOTHING MORE than a publicity stunt!!!!

Chris

Glad him helped out someone; now if he could only help himself.

Stupid People Hater

Shouldn't he be in jail or something?

S. Segal, Deputy Sheriff

God Bless you TI, good luck tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hotbitch

#4 hit the nail on the head. Sorry but you are beyond naive and gullible if you believe this bull****. This was a very poorly planned PR move. Are you kidding me?!?? And if I'm going to commit suicide, T.I. doesn't have the words to stop me. Not even in his best rap. The fact that he thought this was a good idea is honestly quite embarrassing and pathetic. He probably knows the "jumper"! Man up Clifford and go to jail.

San

Good job TI..........there will be some to try to turn this into something negative, but you've done a great thing. May God continue to bless you and your family.

San

Please also pray for the man that attempted suicide.

ESTHER EZEH

T.I, WELL DONE & KEEP IT UP

Atillathegun

So his lawyer is coming up with ways to lessen the impact of that legal whip that is about to come down on his a$$ eh! "judge, just last week Mr I who was minding his own business whilst driving down Fake Street which is located between Sympathy Avenue and Please for some consideration Lane, saw a poor kitten treed by a vicious dog. Mr I drove up and honked the horn furiously which caused the dog to run away therby bringing an end to this dreadful situation". "I hope you would take in mind this act of charity from this well meaning but somewhat misguided young man when making any decision as to his case.

"Well counsel, Your client is known,wealthy and such but since we SHAFT the common public when they are faced with such a dilemma, we're going to have to put on a show to deflect their anger at us so please, pick up that violin over there and join me in a rendition of "feigned sterness,light sentence and let's hope something else comes along to take the public's interest off of this case in B and C minor since there is no S minor or major to complete the note (_hit"..............