T.I. -- Rapper Talks Suicidal Jumper Off the Ledge

10/13/2010 6:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

T.I. played a key role in talking a suicidal man off the ledge of a 22-story building in Atlanta today ... TMZ has learned.

T.I.
It all went down earlier this afternoon -- when cops responded to a 911 call about a man who was threatening to jump off a building in downtown Atlanta ... the same building where Ryan Cameron's Radio Show on V103 is based.

We're told T.I. heard about the jumper on the radio -- and called Ryan Cameron to see if there was anything he could do to help out with the situation.

Ryan Cameron tells us ... he told T.I. to roll over to the building, where the rapper met with police and recorded a heartfelt video message which cops then played for the man on the roof.

We're told after the man saw T.I.'s video he agreed to step off the ledge ... and met T.I. in the lobby, where the two were able to talk things out.

Ryan Cameron also tells us that cops informed the radio station that they will not be pressing charges against the man.

Calls to T.I.'s reps have not been returned.

UPDATE: Sources have revealed to TMZ what T.I. said in the video message: "Nothing is that bad. Nothing in life is worth taking your life. I'm here to help you. Please come down to talk to me."

1013_ti_small_audio_launch_EXUPDATE PART 2: T.I. just explained the day's events to the people over at V103 ... you'll wanna check it out.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

normdy

the sky is falling and I am the richest man in the world I own the usa. and last night i puffed a sweet with tupac. All of that sounds good but it didnt really happen. Thats all clifford had to say too......

mel

good sh*t TI!!!! hopefully this helps out ur past run in with the law.....we need that album too!! P$C Grand Hustle!!!

Quaneisha

T.i did wat he could do no negative things i was there!!!

Carmenbfree

The bottom line is T.I. did save a human life, whether is a stut or not has nothing to do with anything, I agree with #14, people are such HATERS, and need to get a life. If he goes to jail or does community service, he still "SAVED" a life. So all of you negative peps, GET A LIFE. LOL

becky

T.I. is a joke to the rap, or for that much society peroid....

Joe

TI is full of ****. how much money did he have to pay for this ****.

Fake rappers

I have to agree it is a publicity stunt to save his ass. There is no way this could have happened. Cops calling a rapper to save the day. Come on people, wake up please.

Aset

Don't get it twisted. This story posted on 10/13/10 and made the airwaves the next day and the building houses the same radio station in Atlanta that promotes celebrities, come on people. I luv TI too, but, this is one of the oldest games in the book, its a diversionary tactic. People on suicidal watch are always put on 24 hours emergency list and no charges were filed..wake up people..the Matrix is not real. His trial was 10/15/10
I luv u anyway TI..im gonna miss u while ur gone.. peace n love
Stay strong brother!!

richie

T.I. SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE PLACE ON THE LEDGE AND JUMPED HIMSELF SAVING EVERYONE THE GRIEF BEFORE HE BECOMES ONE OF THE "GANSTA"rapper that he is supposed be.............thank you

Harold Jones

God can use any situation at any given time to reveal the true character of a man, as he did in this situation. the fact that T.I is faceing his own issues has no bearing on God testing his awareness to want to serve him, but it shows God he is mindfull of the desire to extend mercy to others,, I hope God will extend mercy to him as well.. we all need mercy!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7