Michael Lohan --

I'll Become a

Drunk for Lindsay

10/14/2010 8:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Lohan is telling people he's going to intentionally fall off the wagon and check himself into the Betty Ford clinic to be near Lindsay Lohan -- and stage his own arrest if necessary to get his daughter's attention.

1014_milo_lilo_EX_TMZ_01
We're told Michael is going to show up at Betty Ford and demand admission.  He will stage his own arrest -- to show everyone how much he cares about his daughter.

Michael is saying he'll make one more trip to Betty Ford to attempt to see Lindsay.  If she won't let him in, he's going to get all drunk and then go back and make a scene.

Wasn't this an episode in "I Love Lucy"?

am

I've never left a comment at TMZ before, but this story affected me so much, I can't help but add my two cents. Which is to say, while Lindsay Lohan seems like a bit of a train wreck, I have nothing but sympathy for anyone dealing with a parent (and perhaps 'parents') who are SO self-absorbed, they would act this way for attention -- whether it be from their child, friends, media... whatever -- at the expense of their own little girl.

Michael Lohan seems to be a dark, scary man, given his total preoccupation with himself over his daughter's well-being. Who the hell acts this way, at the expense of their child? How on earth does the quest for fame justify such disregard for one's child?

It pains me to even hear about parents like Michael Lohan. What a horrid, insipid and sick man he seems to be.

Details?

He is being manipulative and playing the guilt card.
If they don't let me in, then I will be forced to......(guilt card and deflection of blame for his own actions). He appears to have pshych problems. If he truly loves his kids he should man up and fix his own issues.

Nikki

I think Monster Mother is pissed off and called TMZ and let them hear one of MiLos drunkin messages,cuz MiLo blew the cover off her making $$$$ on LiLo in Rehab

Dina is EVIL and Vile I wouldnt put it passed her

Anyway the show must go on, Let the "Living Off Lohan" war of the roses con't

Moe Green

What's funny to me is the comments here at TMZ from people who actually believe that this is anything more than a PR stunt to get some sort of paying interviews on the subject. I'm amazed by the TMZ viewers who don't get this. 90+% of what TMZ covers has no more reality than a WWE wrestling match.

Ernie

Bombshell Memo to Michael Lohan. Guess what Mike? Nothing you can do will change anyone.

Taken from one of the manuals used in a very succesfull faith-based treatment program ... which Betty Ford is not:

Bombshell
1) I cannot change other people by direct action.
2) I can only change myself
3) Others have a tendency to change in reaction to my change.

Spot

Lindsay should have her lawyer release a statement, a hand written statement that she does not want to hear his voice or see his face! She should be absolutely clear that she will have nothing to do with him at all under any cir***stances and sign it!

Nothing mean or cruel just a plain statement that she does not and will not have anything to do with him.

Then when he tries these stunts the press will have something to put in his face and they can remind him that she wrote it because of his public idiot stunts.

It would also set the stage for a restraining order and make it impossible for him to try one of his stupid stunts because the law would have an example of his having been told in public not to try. It would also be more than enough for Betty Ford or any other place to turn him away at the door.

Pat

General Hospital anyone??!!!

Celia Levy

Michael is starting to sound like the mother's boyfriend character from the movie Lindsay was in called Georgia Rule who sexually abused Lindsay's character in the movie and denied it for so long but than fessed up to it in the end.

Michael needs to get a life of his own and stop stalking and and talking about his daughter every chance he can get because he can't do anything else. It sounds like Michael needs his own private counseling sessions by himself he really wants to help his family and Lindsay.

Joseph

If he does do this, then Betty Ford is not where he should go, but to the nearest jail for a few months of intinsive inmate care.

Cat

Thats has got to be the most stupid thing I have ever heard! All it will do is get him arrested and put in jail, and even if he is acce4pted at The Betty that can keep him separate from her - so if he wants to be a total A** and fall of the wagon for his idiot kid then all I can say is the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!!!

leisure inc

This guy is so desperate to be someone!!!! All he cares about is seeing himself in the news. TMZ please stop running stories about him and maybe he'll go away.

Not a Chance

What a SICKO!! What kind of "loving father" does something like this? That poor girl does not stand a chance with demented excuses like Mikey and Dina for "parents." Hopefully one of Lindsay's "recovery team" will do something to put a stop to this. Why has a restraining order or cease and desist order not been generated? Part of me thinks that Mommy and Daddy have conjured all this "publicity" and are playing this sick, twisted game together, to keep "Linds" and thus, themselves, in the glare of the media spotlight. If that's the case, I give it 3 years before they bury their daughter.

l

let him in! he needs to be in a psych ward though.

Bren

WTF! With this type of behavior, we know why she wants to keep her distance from him. Can you imagine what he is like behind closed doors or what he was like when he was an addict in the past? No wonder Lindsay and Dina are so messed up. Too bad Dina won't get help too.

Superman

Come on! Why doesn't he spend this much attention on his other 4 kids?!?! What a messed-up family!