T.I.'s Face-Off with Suicidal Man -- Caught on Tape

10/14/2010 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained footage of the moment cops allowed rapper T.I. to speak with a suicidal man who had just agreed to step back from the ledge of a 22-story building in Atlanta.

1014_TI_Jumper_Video_Launch_REG
The encounter took place inside the lobby of the building ... after police delivered a video message from T.I. to the man ... in which the rapper encouraged the guy not to jump and promised him a face-to-face meeting.

As we previously reported, the man agreed -- and after the two talked it out ... he was taken into police custody. Cops have hinted that they won't be pursuing charges.

Magic

I think this whole ordeal was staged.....Sad what people will do to stay out of jail. Smart though :)

Kelly

This is another heckuva coincidence....to be caught on tape too...right before court?!? What luck!!

Kendo

Very cool of him to do that. It reminds me of Tom Cruise a couple of times in the past, regardless of what you think of him, he's done some very selfless things. Give the guy some credit. You don't see this kind of involvement from the stars often, folks.

Susan Natch

I agree that this incident was probably staged. I bet TI paid someone act suicidal...

Sin D

OK...Jazzy gets the dingle-berries first. Enjoy.

Muppet

Staged? Sure LOL Like everyone just decides to pull a suicide act and take their chances at being locked up in a psych hospital.
The man did something good, credit where credit's due.
Good for him for helping the man out of a terrible situation.

edmarine

I agree. Big f'n deal anyways. All he did was talk to a dude. I talk to people all the time- just because they aren't trying to commit suicide is irrelevant

Roger

Who the **** is T.I. ???????????????

RabbleRouser

LIES LIES LIES-

Place the dude on a mandatory pysch hold and watch the truth come out...

TI needs to go to jail.

WaxOnWaxOff

This whole damn story wreaks of PR stunt! Since when do ANY police allow non police to do negotiations of this type, and just what psychology credentials did TI show these cops to convince that that he has ANY training to do this? I call BS on it all! Just another publicity stunt and they got the cops involved for realism.. They should all go to jail and then push the dud off the damn roof just for good measure...

ciimonstr

%5150 is A DISGRACE
DONT. DIT. 3-5 day lock hold..
auto 3 day loss out.
YOUR LIFE BUL****LIED

ghostgirl71

P.R stunt,'nuff said.That's low,man.

Angie

I think this guy just "took" one for the team.T.I.'s team it is.Like a lot of you,I also think it was staged,so it would make him look better on his Friday court date....What a convenience!

Angie

Your're SOOOOO right #13!!!The police wouldn't allow anybody else to negotiate or talk to the man because he was accidentally that way (maybe family members).I never disliked T.I. but I call b.s. on that!!

My two cents ;)

This whole thing is fake. TI had an intervention type show before he went to jail last time. Ironic how he magically appeared now that he has himself in hot water for violating his parole and dragging his baby momma down with him. So fake sorry but Im not buying it. What is he gonna do next bake a batch of powdered donuts to take to Lilo in rehab laced with coke and suga of course. TI we see what ur up 2 work on u 1st man.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments