The Beaver 'Saddened' by Death of Barbara Billingsley

10/16/2010 6:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jerry Mathers, who played The Beaver on "Leave It to Beaver" just gave this statement to TMZ on the passing of Barbara Billingsley:

1016_jerry_mathers_barbara_billingsley_getty_ex
"I am deeply saddened by the loss of my dear friend and lifetime mentor Barbara Billingsley. She will live in the hearts of her fans as a wonderful actress and be remembered by her friends as a gracious lady. Barbara was a patient advisor and teacher. She helped me along this challenging journey through life by showing me the importance of manners, and respect for others. She will be deeply missed by all of her family, friends, fans and most especially by me."

As for Jerry, he also tells TMZ he's "excited to be getting married in January at the Waterfront Hilton in Huntington Beach."

DJ

I met Barbara Billingsley back in the 70's. What a classy lady. We will miss you. Our country needs some classy ladies like you right now.

Zippy T. Pinhead

Gee Beav, what are we gonna do now?

henry

good bye my friend, i cared more than you knew...............

LongJohn69

The only woman who could wear a pearl necklace and NOT make me think of a whore!

RickK -Toronto

She was a talented lady. Very likeable and she had great comedic timing. Barbara Billingsley played the perfect wife so perfectly in Leave It To Beaver. She had class and was respectable even if you didn't know her. I remember her performance on the comedy Airplane. She was under-utilized as an actress and should have done more work. Sorry to hear about her passing.

Jamie

She was so beautiful. Take notes, kids. You don't need a fake rack and spray tan to be gorgeous.

JimmyB

RIP...A true icon of television.

beau

i wish all mother's could be like Barbara ..She had a long life RIP "June"

mat

OMG! The Beaver has turned into a Racoon!!!

lucy

Sorry for her familys loss...what a wonderful lady..I grew up watching leave it to beaver and yes like alot of people wished she was my mom...she will be missed!

Craven

"Ward, I'm worried about the Beaver..."

"Now, now, June- he's only getting married. And hey- you're dead!"

spadoink

Who can forget her in 'Airplane' as the paasenger who knew how to talk 'JIVE'!!! Oh and that Beaver show too.

K Sturgeon

This is so sad. I watch re-runs of Leave it to Beaver every chance I get. It will always be one of my favorite "older" shows. Everyone in it was wonderful, I could watch the same episodes over and over. Whenever I am sick, and have to stay in bed, the first thing I look for is "Leave it to Beaver" shows. They make me feel peaceful and happy. RIP Barbara, everyone wanted a Mom like you!

Nona

in response to jintz #15 - Class is an attitude, not an accessory. I've seen plenty women wearing pearls that have absolutely no class and many a tattooed clad woman having more grace and poise in their pinky finger. One should never judge a book by the cover as there are many great stories beneath tattered covers.

Carrie

RIP regards to the family

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments