Barbara Billingsley Dies

10/16/2010 5:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Barbara Billingsley -- best known for playing June Cleaver on "Leave It to Beaver" -- passed away this morning. She was 94.

1016_barbara_billingsley_bn_getty
A spokesperson says Billingsley died early Saturday at her home in Santa Monica. She had suffered from a rheumatoid disease.

According to her Wikipedia page, her hobbies included tennis, gardening and dining.

She was also fluent in jive.

johnrunion

@Dee Dee Russell
as often with the case of those who did not have something they attempt to demolish it for all of those who did. jealousy? envy? hatred? contempt? i do not know. ms. russell, june cleaver was a character. Ms. Barbara Billingsley was a classy lady. why take this moment of mourning for so many and turn it into a soap box for your own deep seated hostilities and hatred and issues with your own parents. in other words: stop hatin' !

onlyinamerica

Tony Dow released the following statement in reaction to Barbara’s passing:

America’s favorite mother is now gone. I feel very fortunate to have been her ‘son.’ We were wonderful friends and I will miss her very much. My deepest sympathies to her sons, Glenn and Drew, and her entire family,” he said.

Sandy

We are less - less than we were yesterday - because of your passing. But, we are miles ahead of where we would be if you never came into ours lives! See you on the other side! ;)

neither of these two sluts

a very classy lady and wonderful human being.......she is an icon, in which it was a pleasure to look up to.....RIP Barbara (June) you will be missed!

Glen

Everyone's Mom. Rest-In-Peace Barbara. Condolences to her family.

joey

joey@salon54 is doing the Brazilian keratin treatment for only $150.00 www.salon54.com http://www.facebook.com/raleighhairsalon

Carrie

She was the mother I wish I'd had. What an icon and a lady!

Donna

#12 DeeDee. I was raised in the 40's and 50's and she would have fit right in where I'm from. I think that's why I liked the show so much. I could relate to the family. It was a great way to grow up. I'm sorry for you that you didn't have that.

JPs

God Speed Barbara! Thanks for the memories...

Rich Morrison

Thats a sad moment R.I.P Barbara Billingsley. Rich Morrison

kimberly lov'nme

atleast she got to live a very nice length of time...amen to tht..most dnt get tht lucky R.I.P

star

RIP..

star

RIP..

Julie

God Bless Her - I grew up with her as our generation did - we all loved her very much

News Update Usa

lovely lady and everyones mom...RIP read news :http://barbara-billingsley-dies.notlong,com