Barbara Billingsley Dies

10/16/2010 5:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Barbara Billingsley -- best known for playing June Cleaver on "Leave It to Beaver" -- passed away this morning. She was 94.

1016_barbara_billingsley_bn_getty
A spokesperson says Billingsley died early Saturday at her home in Santa Monica. She had suffered from a rheumatoid disease.

According to her Wikipedia page, her hobbies included tennis, gardening and dining.

She was also fluent in jive.

Sharon

I feel as if part of my childhood died. I enjoyed every episode. RIP Mrs. Cleaver

melani

I had to laugh @ the "u were a little hard on the beaver" thing. But seriously, she was a beautiful lady. Loved that show!!!Loved her!!

janee

omg, i'm watching leave it to beaver right now & i cannot believe she's gone. she was such an amazing lady(: RIP<3

annie2

DeeDee:

I get your point that "Leave It To Beaver" was not a depiction of your home life. I am sure you were/are not the only one to feel that way. I think you miss the point of the show, though. It was not supposed to be representative of every family alive...just an ideal to strive for. That was what Hollywood way back then helped to do...create an ideal image. MOST people would agree with the concept that it would be NICE to have one parent at home...I am saying it would be NICE not saying it's realistic especially in our age now...with things as expensive as they are and the fact divorce is so prevalent. And yes, some moms simply want to have a job, too. Not everyone wants to be an at-home mom, but it's not necessary to knock those women that did or those of us who grew up with mom at home.

While you and your friends were snickering at the show back in the day, perhaps you missed the lessons to be learned on how to talk to one's husband/kids. It was a great "model" for many people. It seems the biggest gripe with the show is that she was an at-home mom...or maybe that this was a 2 parent house? Try and picture the show with June having had these conversations upon coming home after a long days work? Maybe that would work better...it really was the tone of the show and the people in it that made it worth watching, the respect that was shown all around...not whether she was wearing pearls while cooking.

Mee

She wore beautiful clothes and high heel shoes while cooking.
She was the "Real" housewife.

NoBreederRat

I miss the old days when mothers pretty much were like June Clever.

Luda

A memorial site was created for Barbara Billingsley! Honor her memory by contributing to her memorial site http://barbarabillingsley.people2remember.com/

Onamac

I had the pleasure to meet her once at a charity event and she was such a nice person!

Dorothy

Mrs. Cleaver now be chilling on the flipside of heaven! RIP!

donn

so long mrs.cleaver--i'll miss you--you were everyone's mom

Rhonda

She was a sweet lady but her grandson is sure screwed up. website: drewbillingslysucks.com (what a mess)

Muffers

LOL to number 14, souns exactly like what Eddie Haskell would say.

Here's what Beaver would say: "Gosh Mom, what'd ya have go and do that for"...LOL!

Will always love the Cleaver family....rest in peace Barbara B.

lynn

we will miss you Mrs. Cleaver, and your pearls

mantazoma

so to hear a great legend pass i loved the leave it to beaver and she was funny on Airplane! were going to miss lots!!!!!!!!

samantha

I still watch the re-runs of "'Beaver" on weekend afternoons and just love them sooo much..I wish I could have met her..nobody was like her,,she was everyone's ideal...Thank God for re-runs..RIP dear Barbara...*~*