Michael Jackson's Name Restored to School

10/16/2010 9:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's name once again is on display at Gardner Street Elementary School after the boards covering his name were removed.

1016_michael_jackson_auditorium_exp
As TMZ first reported, a group of Michael Jackson fans had petitioned to get the sign uncovered. The sign had been in place from 1989 until 2003, when it was covered up due to the child molestation charges against Jackson.

The sign was unveiled yesterday, where a member of the Los Angeles Board of Education said, "It's important for the district to value the artistic impact and humanitarian contribution that will be the lasting legacy of Michael Jackson."

Marie Claire Paul

Oh Well comment, why don't you reveal yourself if you truelly feel so strongly about what you are saying. No 96 comment you are right in what you said to oh well, who ever they are they are obviously not educated enough to read. Oh well won't be reading your rubbish any more, oh dear!

my opinion

GREAT...Wish MJ was here to see it uncovered

RIP MJ

Love the Jackson's

LOVE, PEACE, and KINDNESS make it a better world for US ALL

sue

jody-68 you are right kudos to all the fans for fighting a good fight to have mjs name restored!!!!sue from tampa

Unknown

Michael Jackson= Tu sei la mia stella! (You are my star!)V=Victory/ Dio ti benedical=God Bless

iFart

I am beaming with pride to have been a part of this amazing group and it's efforts!! I knew it could be accomplished but I never dreamed it would happen so quickly. Tears of joy when I saw it uncovered...wow!! I know Michael would be so happy. Now MJ's fans know there's nothing we can't accomplish! So what's next? ;D

shell517nj

beautiful, I wish I could have been there in the moment. Michael Jackson fans are incredible...It's all for love and he totally deserves this honor. Long live the King of Pop!

kim

Oh, thank you Phantom. Pictures from the Opus book. i got mine last christmas and I have enjoyed every moment of it. Took me a long time to go thru it the first time and from time to time I pull it out and look at it some more. It is a book for the fans to have and cherish that is for sure.

rip mj

Angela

I just hope MJ's fans don't regret this..but I don't know.

CRYSTAL

THIS IS AWESOME!!HIS NAME SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN COVERED IN THE FIRST PLACE.IT IS AMAZING WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE STAND AS ONE AND WHEN YOU DO IT ALL FOR L.O.V.E.MICHAEL WOULD BE VERY PROUD FOR WHAT ALL HIS FANS HAVE DONE AROUND THE WORLD AND ACCOMPLISHED JUST FOR HIM.A HUGE MJ FAN.

MichaelPureSoul

My answer to Marie Claire Paul

Where are you living? You need to check the internet and see that Oprah has scheduled programs for this coming week about child molestation and Lisa Marie Presley, she's never changed her mind, she has insulted MJ's name since the trial times. If you like Oprah you can't love Michael, she desperately needs to apologize or SHUT-UP

#BOYCOTTOPRAH

Now that this is uncovered it must be time for Oprah Winfrey, who I admire by the way, to do on show on Michael and resurrect his name to the World before she finishes, hope she hasn't already as I live in NZ and we are way behind. I know she wasn't always the nicest about Michael but I'm sure she would like to put matters right.

Posted at 10:30 AM on Oct 16, 2010 by Marie Claire Paul

MaryRM

Someone needs to put a pressure hose on his name to clean the 7 years of filth that built up behind that shameful plywood. Make that name sparkle again.

HumanNature

Q. Why Did Michael Jackson Cross The Road?

A. To Get To A Little Boy.

Posted at 4:24 PM on Oct 16, 2010 by OhWell

And that precious little boy was Ryan White who suffered from discrimination as a result from contracting AIDS from an blood transfusion. Michael Jackson dedicated the song "Gone Too Soon" to Ryan White.

Ryan White's mother speaking publicly about Michael Jackson:

"He didn't care what race you were, what color you were, what was your handicap, what was your disease," Jeanne said. "Michael just loved all children."

Jackson gave Ryan his favorite car, a red Mustang, as a gift a year before he died. Ryan White died at age 18 in 1990. White-Ginder said Jackson sat with her and White's sister at the funeral.

At his funeral, White-Ginder said White's car was on display, and Jackson started it and "Man in the Mirror" was playing.

"The little things made Michael so happy," she said. "You could see it in his eyes. He was smiling from ear to ear, and he said, 'I was the last person that Ryan listened to.' And I said 'yes.' Because Ryan played 'Man in the Mirror' over and over and over again."

But White-Ginder said a special memory is the "Gone Too Soon" song and video.

Three days after White's funeral, Jackson called White-Ginder and said he'd promised White he could be in his next video, and now that he's gone, he couldn't do that. But Jackson found a way. The "Gone Too Soon" video featured footage of White, including his media attention as the face of the AIDS epidemic, his life growing up with the disease, and his funeral.

White-Ginder said, "That's a memory we'll share forever."

GOD BLESS RYAN WHITE AND MICHAEL JACKSON!!!

PEACE

HumanNature

THANK YOU TO MJ FANS THAT MADE IT POSSIBLE!!!!

BRAVO, YOU DID "MAKE THAT CHANGE"!!!!

PEACE!!!!