'Beverly Hills Housewives' Hubby Went Belly Up

10/16/2010 9:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" cast member Taylor Armstrong has a husband who has a lot in common with a big celebrity ... sadly, it's Toni Braxton.

101510_russell_armstrong_getty
Russell Armstrong filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy back in October of '05, this according to docs filed in U.S. Bankruptcy Court and obtained by TMZ.  The problem was simple ... Armstrong, an investor, said he had less than $50,000 in assets and debt somewhere between 1 and 10 million bucks.

Russell, who has been married to Taylor for seven years, says in the docs he made a boatload during the 1990's "dot.com boom" but took a huge financial hit when everything crashed. And it went from bad to worse after 9/11, with an IRS dispute and a "costly" palimony lawsuit filed by a former fianceé.

Looks like Taylor took the "for richer or poorer" part seriously.

A rep could not be reached for comment.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Janet

Her lips look like a platypus.

Mary L. Richard

I think people who judge others for whatever they spend are purely jealous. If these I have nothing better to do than think and write about the Beverly Hills Housewives looks are losers themselves and need a hobby and some primal scream therapy. Leave them alone. To each his own. These comments are so mean-spirited. Those who write these hateful remarks need to take a look in the mirror. Chances are these B.H. housewives look a lot better than you all do (males and females)!!!!!!!!!! Get lives people. This is my first blog. I saw the comments and could not help but put my two cents (sense, too) in.

david Smith

Wow didn’t andone not check Armstrong’s background? It is not richer that Texas it is RICHARDS OF ARIZONA!!!!!!!!!

WTF how did you miss The Amr? “Amr Elgindy” 9-11, prision, stock fraud, and so on and so on. Hello! http://camrhon.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=safe&action=display&thread=6379

david smith

Marge

Taylor Armstrong, who complained when her husband bought their daughter a puppy for her birthday because she is that selfish should give him half of her earnings because its CA baby! Also, he wouldn't be so poor if weiner-mouth didn't spend so much!

Marge

Now that I've said she should give him half of her earnings let me say something kind: she has a good future making the same mistakes.

Bernadette

OMG! It seems like and I may be wrong that these people that go on these shows have a pretty good life and normal problems of course because we all do,but when they get a little fame they sell thier souls to the devil and everything in their life is destoryed. How many marriages have we seen that have been destroyed and gone bankrupt.

tracy

AS MUCH AS I LOVE ALL THE HOUSEWIVES SHOWS I CAN NOT FOR THE LOVE OF MY CHILDREN TAKE MY OWN LIFE. TAYLOR MAY YOU NOT REST IN PEACE, AND THE REASON I SAY THIS IS SHE WAS A SELFISH BITCH TO LEAVE HER DAUGHTER FOR WHAT? A MAN, MONEY, THAT FU****G HOUSE? PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK FOR MATERIAL THINGS YOU MAKE A DECISION TO END YOUR OWN LIFE? WHAT A SHAME. I WISH NOTHING BUT THE BEST FOR HER DAUGHTER WHO WILL HAVE DIFFICULT TIMES, BUT NEEDS EVERYONE'S LOVE SHOWN TO HER. YES I MIGHT OFFEND SOME AND SOME MAYBE ON THE SAME PAGE I AM ON NEVERTHELESS MY ONLY CONCERN IS THE BABY.

Donna

I know that she has suffered horribly... But when the man that carried her from the gravesite... She made sure that her toes were pointed in a fashion... Please my feet would be the last on my list.... They would have been in every direction but pointed for the camera...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5