Hugh Jackman -- Car Crash Distraction?

10/18/2010 6:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Hugh Jackman's celebrity may be partly to blame for a nasty two-car accident in NYC ... this according to one of the drivers involved in the crash.

Hugh Jackman car accident.
It all went down this afternoon ... a TMZ photographer was shooting Hugh when a van and a Jetta collided across the street.

Our guy ended up interviewing one of the drivers involved in the accident -- who explained that he was looking for his next turn when, "I see all these cameras and I see Hugh Jackman. Next thing I know, I went to take the turn ... BAM."

Kinda like insurance rates ... BAM!

dman

TMZ causes another accident. Maybe next time someone will die. That would make a great story.

venicementor

And how is Jackman even partly to blame...for just being there? The photographers should be put on a leash - a short one.

tgrfan42069

why blame jackman blame your camera guys tmz for causing a scene.

Mistral

I totally agree with comment 1 & 2
Paparazzis: STOP-STALKING-THE-JACKMAN-FAMILY-JUST-FOR-MAKE-MONEY

laurie

he can crash into me anytime he likes. but being a Bostonian he can't compete with my defensive driving...lol. photogs need to be careful before someone gets hurt. doesn't matter if they are famous or not. Im glad no one was hurt. but seriously..yeah he can crash into me. preferably without a car....

Kaze

Paparazzis killed Lady Diana Spencer, how many others people they want to have on their conscience?

Rose

I am so glad to see that others had the same first reaction as I did. The photographers were the ones causing the distraction not a man trying to live his life.

ana

Thank goodness that kid was alright. TMZ, you are cause! Some one could have been killed! Leave Hugh alone. You guys are so lucky that he is always pleasant to you! Maybe that s the problem.

And kid, contrary to how it's right, it's not pronounced as Houston in New York, but it's pronounced "house-ton". That's how New Yorkers know someone is from out-of-town.

rebecca

BAM

djdeej94

the honesty in this driver is sweet... it could happen to anyone... I'd slam into something to get a good long look at Hugh too... no questions!

Candy

Go Hugh, who wouldn't stop to look at him. Can't help that everyone wants to look at a cute Aussie.

karlyn

you guys kept mentioning batman during this piece but checked wikipedia and other sites that say he wasn't batman. my husband and i are fighting over who is right you guys or the rest of the internet.

Jackie

@ Karlyn....The movie is called X-Men Origins:Wolverine. He was vs batman in the movie.

Accident Law

Accidents happen daily in New York City. As an accident victim you need to know your rights. If you've been in an auto accident get a free case evaluation from a qualified attorney http://www.jcreiterlaw.com/Practice_Areas/Auto_Accidents.aspx

Phil

Fake misleading headline just to get you to click it!
Disgusting journalism!