Michael Lohan -- Am I On the List?

10/18/2010 6:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Lohan showed up at the Betty Ford Center today to try to see his daughter Lindsay, and although he was turned away -- believe it or not -- there's still hope Michael might get inside.

0921-media-removed-britney
As we first reported, Michael is trying to visit Lindsay as part of Betty Ford's "Family Week" -- and he is technically family.

Sources say Michael was turned away by a guard at Betty Ford who referred him to someone in charge of the "Family Week" list.

We're told Michael went to his nearby hotel room and made the call -- he's waiting for a call back. .

Ernie

@ dumas1000 - oh perfect one .... please .. spare me with your name calling. Why can't you just make your statements without having to throw in your name calling?

I maybe all over the place but I never have given up hope for the Lohans.... they all need help. If you check my posts for the many years of Lilo's illegial activity you will find I have stuck up for her and said she can make it if she applies herself... which until now... she never did.

If you'd like to debate my actions .. .fine ... just save your putdowns ... and let's get it on.

Sad sad

Ernie "All I ever wanted to see is Lilo get better. I have been encouraging her to get help for the last few years. There is hope for her. And it is good to see she finally decided "herself" to get some long overdue treatment. "

Omg I just slapped myself silly.

Ernie

@ sad sad .... and ????

Ernie

@ dumas

you said: "Unfortunately, Nobody lives in a vac***, and I don't think there's any way Lindsay could afford 12-months of rehab. I wouldn't neccessary disagree. Perhaps she could use long-term care. However, long-term care would likely bankrupt her. She can't afford to pay for rehab for a year while, at the same time, being 100% unemployed for a year."

Hello .... she could have been done with this back in 2007 and had two years of clean living and making good money. However, from the looks of it if she continues down this road she will be bankrupt anyways. So, why not 12 months to save one's life? This in and out of rehab does not seem to be working for lil Lohan.

dumas1000

Anyway, this is my last contribution here. Like I said, you can't really punch holes in the logic of a troll, because logic to a troll is irrelevant.

"Nobody forces an addict to do drugs. Or an alcholic to drink."

Nobody forces a depressed person to spend an entire day and not get out of bed. Nobody forces someone with an eating disorder to bringe and purge all the time. Nobody forces a person who struggles with self-mulation to cut their arms up with a razor blade. Nobody forces a OCD person to do rituals all day long. Nobody forces a hoarder to fill up their entire house with garbage.

It's called mental illness. People get sick some times. Some times they develop behavior disorders. These are sicknesses of the brain. It happens in life. You should feel lucky to have to health, both physically and mentally, because not everyone does. And you should feel just a tad bit of compassion for people who are struggling with these sort of issues and are less fortunate than you.

Ernie

@ dumas - "It's called mental illness." Are you sayin Ms. Lohan is mentally ill? That is not what the doctors at UCLA said... and they are the professionals not a TMZ blogger

Dr. Steve

The Betty Ford Center and Hazelden are the two finest treatment centers in the country. I have no doubt that if the staff at the Betty Ford Center feels it is not helpful for Michael Lohan to visit Lindsay, he won't be allowed. That is, no matter what sort of tricks he uses to get in.

From all the reports I've read, it seems Mr. Lohan is a hazard to Lindsay's health and recovery. If he was capable of caring for her, he would respect her requests to leave her alone. Instead, he seems compelled to force himself into his daughter's recovery program. That is, without a thought as to how it could undermine Lindsay's wellbeing.

Chemical Dependeny is a family illness and it is obvious that Mr. Lohan is as ill as his daughter. He needs treatment as much as Lindsay; if not more.

dumas1000

You have no capacity to understand what I'm talking about here, which makes this enire argument pointless. It's an exercise in futility. This is something that is clearly beyond you to grasp. It is what it is.

Ernie

@ dumas1000 ... oh ...ok ... well ...see ya ...

dumas1000

If you do not understand that addiction is medically classified as a mental illness, then you are a moron. Yes, by medical definition, addiction IS a mental illness.

Ernie

@ dumas ... opps .. there ya go again ... attacking character ... name calling .... low blows .... what's the matter? I thought you were leaving?

Addiction a mental illness? Now I've heard it all. Whew.

dumas1000

Duh, are you even educated? Probably not.

Ernie

Addiction is not a disease. Please name the test one takes to first identify it. MRI? CT Scan? Blood test?

Ernie

@ dumas ... Educated? One who is educated does not have to advert to name calling ... put downs .... negative snide remarks

rob

they should be taken out back and let them kill each other they still think she is 12 and squander her money she should run as far away from those two loons who are just publicity money hungry hoars! those 2 need to have their face on these sites daily its a drug to them!