'Happy Days' Stars

Pay Tribute to Tom Bosley

10/19/2010 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Henry Winkler and Scott Baio -- who both co-starred with Tom Bosley on "Happy Days" -- tell TMZ they are both shocked by his death ... but remember their former castmate as a "great man."

1019-henry-scott-tom-exd-01a

Winkler tells us, "I saw him before I ever got to Hollywood on Broadway, and he was great. And then I got to act with him for 10 years and he was great.  Tom Bosley was our mentor. He was a true artist ... a great husband, and a fabulous father and grandfather. He will be sorely missed, but never forgotten."

Baio adds, "He was a good man who taught me a lot about the business and business itself. He was a professional guy ... I'm sad."

UPDATE: Ron Howard tells TMZ,  "I'm so saddened by the loss of our wonderful Tom Bosley. Remarkable on so many levels, Tom's insight, talent, strength of character and comic timing made him a vital central figure in the Happy Days experience."

Ron adds, "A great father and husband, and a wonderful artist, Tom lead by example, and made us all laugh while he was doing it. My last conversations with Tom reflected the love of life and peace of mind that he always maintained throughout his full and rewarding life. I miss him already."

passin thru

im going to name myself RUNDANCY POLICE FROM NOW ON..

THE BUSINESS AND THE BUSINESS ITSELF.
UGH.
moron.

rip

Reyna38

i am sadden by his death.
i grew up watching this man........ and the show... RIP.....i wanna cry now..

mo

RIP Mr. C, thanks for all the laughs.

ww

thank for makeing me and the family laugh, you was a great mentor. RIP.

ww

thank for makeing me and the family laugh,it was great having you as a mentor. RIP.

CJD

A true TV Dad, you could learn something then. TV today? It misses people like him and the warmth he showed, the care and understanding. Hey young Hollywood show some respect and try to think of others instead of your self. Off to the great big set in sky, and hey Tom no union dues needed :)

SNAKEMAN269

RIP MR CUNNINGHAM, I WAS A TRUCK DRIVER AND WHEN HIS MR. BOSLEY PLAYED WAS HERE IN DETROIT, MI THE SHOWBOAT I WAS ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES TO HELP TRANSPORT IT TO BOSTON FOR HIS NEXT SHOWING I CAN SAY IT WAS MY HONOR TO HAVE A CHANCE TO HAUL FOR A BIG NAME LIKE MR.C TAKE CARE MY FRIEND AND I WILL C U IN THE LIFE TIME. RUSS P

Glenn Johnson

I grew up watching MR. C on Happy Days. I still watch reruns as of today. I don't think I've ever missed an episode. He was a great and funny actor and he will be missed.
Now there's Happy days in heaven and it's nice to know that Tom is watching over us now.

SoThere

Rest easy Mr. C.

Greg

He played Fiorello La Guardia in the musical Fiorello. I was surprised to find it's on CD at the public library.

deloris

RIP Mr C./ Father Dowling. You will terribly missed.

old enough to remember

IT'S alway so sad when anyone period is no longer with us, and even sadder when you learn to admire the role models form TV who start with us in our youth and pass when we become old enough to see the loss that it brings to others lives, you can almost judge the stars on TV by what you dont hear in the media, and Tom Bosley was and will always be a stand up character in my life, my heart goes out to his family, your loss, is deep and we are thinking of your family,

Yonce

That's Hollywood!

joyce

thank u for coming into are homes and bring us HAPPYNESS and for us to forget are every day problems that is the best pill to take. RIP..... a very fan of HAPPY DAYS may the reruns continue.

Kelly

His strength of character shone through in each of the parts that he played. He seemed a very gentle, classy man....always sort of reminded me of my own dad, who we lost too early. Rest well in Heaven, Mr. Bosley....you will be missed.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments