'Happy Days' Stars

Pay Tribute to Tom Bosley

10/19/2010 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Henry Winkler and Scott Baio -- who both co-starred with Tom Bosley on "Happy Days" -- tell TMZ they are both shocked by his death ... but remember their former castmate as a "great man."

1019-henry-scott-tom-exd-01a

Winkler tells us, "I saw him before I ever got to Hollywood on Broadway, and he was great. And then I got to act with him for 10 years and he was great.  Tom Bosley was our mentor. He was a true artist ... a great husband, and a fabulous father and grandfather. He will be sorely missed, but never forgotten."

Baio adds, "He was a good man who taught me a lot about the business and business itself. He was a professional guy ... I'm sad."

UPDATE: Ron Howard tells TMZ,  "I'm so saddened by the loss of our wonderful Tom Bosley. Remarkable on so many levels, Tom's insight, talent, strength of character and comic timing made him a vital central figure in the Happy Days experience."

Ron adds, "A great father and husband, and a wonderful artist, Tom lead by example, and made us all laugh while he was doing it. My last conversations with Tom reflected the love of life and peace of mind that he always maintained throughout his full and rewarding life. I miss him already."

Everett

We laughed with the Cunninghams 100's of times over. After all the laughter they provided us with now comes a time for us to cry with the cast of Happy Days. Tom Bosley was an inspiration and a great television father in the history of television fathers. God bless you Tom Bosley. you will be missed!

Joe

Another great actor and person gone from this earth. How lucky we kids all were to watch the Happy Days show and enjoy Tom Bosley as Mr. C. He will be missed.

Carolyn

Happy Days makes me think of a time in my life when TV programs were good for me, families loved each other, it was safe to play outside till dark, supper time was more than food ... it was togetherness. Thank you Tom for this legacy you left us ... there will never again be such a warm and comfortable spot in our memory. Thank you that our world was better because you were here.

Pete

Can't believe it. Its like losing your own father. Grew up watching Happy Days. Felt like I was part of the cunninghams. Rest in Piece Mr C. we love you.

Klem

Good family value related programs are non-existent today like the

old Happy Days and Leave it to Beaver

Tom Bosley contributed a great character with his Mr "C"

and Mrs Ward Clever who was the ideal mother of understanding

both her sons antics -

Rob H.

Tom brought laughter and class into millions of homes each week. I think everyone would have liked a little "Mr. C." to be part of their own father. I know I would have. Thanks for memories.

Big Guy

America lost a father in many ways. He was loved and adored for his character on Happy Days. He was, and always will be such a huge part of American pop culture. RIP Mr. C.

aJOHNg

Strange, the Best mom on TV and the Best Dad on TV dies the same week.

I loved watching TV when I was a kid. These are the people I loved watching. I pray their testimony has meaning.

The irony is Ron Howard had two Big TV Dads. One has now gone.

boogabooga

R.I.P. Howard. i always watched you on 'Happy Days". youll be sorely missed. You were always a special person. im not famous but my Great Uncle was Late Bing Crosby.You and Barbara Billingsy were so much a part of everybodies lives in some way or another.id wish theyed do a tribute on T.V.Land Happy Days Marathon. i hope someone remembers me when i pass away.P.S. Youll be missed but never forgotten.

Morgan

I wish I could get reruns of happydays here in houston, I grew up watching the whole gang, they were all like family over time, I miss all the characters. Tom was a great father figure to america

Donna

I have watched him for a very long time, I haved enjoy him on happy days, and all the other shows. He will be missed very very much and I know that all the cast of Happy Days miss him dearly

steve v.

I grew up watching Happy Days.Tom bosley was great really appreciate his work and he will never be forgotten.Thanks for the memories..R.I.P!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4