Hypocrisy

On 'The Hangover 2' Set

10/22/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Looks like it was your garden-variety peer pressure that torpedoed Mel Gibson's cameo on "The Hangover 2."

1018-the-hangover-mel-gibson-ex-tmz-2

Multiple sources connected with the production tell TMZ ... director Todd Phillips cast Mel in the role of a tattoo artist a month ago and that the entire cast and crew knew about it and were simpatico.

The problem came three days ago, when a story leaked that Mel would be shooting a scene for the flick.  Our sources say the friends of some of the cast and crew started putting pressure on them to lodge sudden, last-minute displeasure with Phillips' choice.

Our sources say some of the production people became belatedly upset because they were getting so much crap from friends, so they began objecting. One of the loudest, we're told, was Zach Galifianakis.

There were other people in the cast and crew who were also making noise about walking off the set if Mel showed up.  Our sources say Bradley Cooper was not among the group who complained.

So the day before Mel was supposed to shoot, Phillips pulled the plug.

As one person connected with Mel told TMZ, "It's such hypocrisy. They cast a convicted rapist [Mike Tyson] but 86'd Mel."

Tellthetruth59

Oh well, boo hoo, poor Mel - Jew hater, woman hater, black hater, hispanic hater, gay hater, people hater. So, so sad. I guess he can always produce his own, ultra-violent movies and cast himself. And then he can watch the movie all by himself.

Posted at 4:40 AM on Oct 22, 2010 by lou
-----------------------

That "hater" never fired or refused to work with any of the groups you named. Unlike the Jewish blacklisters in Hangover 2.

Melissa

@msmassflex - Thank you! All this support for Mel was making think I was trapped in the Twilight Zone. I applaud Zach.

KoalaBabe

Posted at 4:44 AM on Oct 22, 2010 by Melissa

Melissa, are you surprised that there's many people still supports and love him?
Not everyone are bigot or narrow minded as you.

KoalaBabe

who is Zach anyway?
His starred in low budget movies "almost" forgettable one.
Mel Gibson's movies will be classics in years to come and people will still watched it many years to come.

Firefly

This guy is just jealous of Mel. Mel must be at least 14 years older than GACK and looks 100% better on his worst day. Mel is more talented and has a much larger fan base than this douche will ever have. In fact there is a picture of Gack in a bathing suit just about made me puke. He looks nasty, dirty like you'll catch something just by standing next to him. I wonder if Gack knows Horowitz, They both are slim ball bottom feeders. I will not see Hangover 2 because the best part of the movie has been cut.

Emm

Zach Galifianakis - A 40 yr. old "virgin" (lol) Greek farmer from Western North Carolina. Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Enough said!!!!

KoalaBabe

Enough said!!!!

Posted at 4:50 AM on Oct 22, 2010 by Emm

give it 10 years and people will forget who is Zach bumlifianakis.

GOLLY

Hollywierd is full of intolerant people. They yell and scream about tolerance, but are quick to be intolerant of someone they disagree with. Tolerance only goes one way with liberals. If you don't believe as they do, you are intolerant.

dunamis

Whatever happened to professionalism? The cast and crew need to realize they are employees on a job.

I never heard of the first movie or any of the cast, until I heard Mel was going to be in it. Then I wanted to see it, which I won't now.

Those involved in this film are setting a very dangerous precedent by allowing the cast/crew to dictate who can and cannot be in their films.

Swede

Why this hatred towards Mel! Has he murder someone, or what? Its ridiculous! Next thread!

Superman

Hmmmmm, at least, Mike Tyson served his time. When will Mel serve his?!?

Ray

It's a shame they let peer pressure get to them. At the moment it is popular to hate on Mr. Gibson. HE said nasty words that I am sure he regrets. Nobody knows the true story of what went on besides Ms. Oksana and Mr. Gibson. I have a feeling that when all is said and done Mr. Gibson will be cleared of accussations of abuse. Ms. Oksana on the other hand may be behind bars.

Emm

Hey, KoalaBabe - It's a full moon and we're on a roll today... :)

What I love about all of this is they have to pay him anyway. Go Mel!!!

Do the math

Loved The Hangover, but I'll make sure to pass on the sequel. What jerks! Guilty until proven innocent, once again.

KoalaBabe

Hey, KoalaBabe - It's a full moon and we're on a roll today... :)

What I love about all of this is they have to pay him anyway. Go Mel!!!

Posted at 5:12 AM on Oct 22, 2010 by Emm