Whitford and Kaczmarek -- Divvying Up the Goodies

10/23/2010 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bradley Whitford and Jane Kaczmarek finalized their divorce earlier this week -- and the two split everything as evenly as possible ... except when it came to the children. But we're not talking custody, we're talking taxes.

1022_bradley_whitford_Jane_Kaczmarek_GETTY_EX
According to docs filed earlier this week, the two could not have been more amicable in their divorce. They've divided up their assets evenly, they're sharing custody of their children, and they'll split all costs related to raising their kids ... right down the middle.

But you can't split three kids up evenly when it comes to taxes. According to the papers, Jane gets to claim two of their children as dependents on her taxes -- Bradley gets the third -- until 2014. After that, Bradley gets the two kids in odd numbered years, Jane in even.

As they old saying goes, nothing is certain but divorce death and taxes.

Superman

If, in person, she was anything like the mom in Malcolm in the Middle, then I can see why they divorced!

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Yeah I was sorry about that, too. Thought they'd be the exception to the rule. They're both such easygoing people. Loved him & the rest of the WW cast. Can't wait to see next episode of The Good Guys, although I missed the first I'll catch it on the Fox website. I'm glad they're being intelligent about this. Getting ugly can scar the kids for life, however small that may be. I wish good luck to them & their kids.

Sandra

Can you believe it this couple got it right . Good for them for behaving like responsible adults!!!!Dignity is a good thing!!!

BassPlayer69

GOOD GUYS is the best show since MONK...this guy is great..

Amy Etkind

JLS, actually, Malcolm In The Middle and The West Wing were both on for about 7 years. I'm not a big Malcolm fan, but The West Wing not only won tons of awards, but was also very successful, with a huge fanbase.

pam

Not only were both of those shows successful, every actor in them is now filthy stinking rich thanks to the syndication fees the reruns make. Both of those shows are on every single day in the U.S. and are translated into dozens of languages for international markets. Of course both of these shows were on before reality took over TV. God, I miss the days when writers wrote and actors acted and must see TV actually was just that.

meee

Emmm, I don't know who that is, but that's def not Brad Whitford in the picture...Change it please. Come on TMZ, focus.

AnnieCamden

It would've been nice to see Kaczmarek on "The Good Guys" as Dan's ex-wife but I don't think show is going to be aired much longer. Too bad, it's one of the funniest shows on TV right now.

P.S. JLS is probably one of those PBS-watching hipster douchebags.

emerald

That's definitely Brad Whitford, West Wing actor just greyer and with a tach lol!! Just goes to show celebs can be civil about divorces, amicable and reasonable - these two definitely deserve a standing ovation for not turning it into an I want, three ring circus Brava lol!!

Piperwest12

At least they are doing things in a calm decent way that is not hurtful to those children.

Alexa

I'd divorce the guy just for growing the gross mustache. You go, Lois!

fredsdead

Nice to see that Hollywood couples CAN act like adults, esp. when children are involved.

I think Jane K. is an awesome actress.

James

#17 Are you some kind of boob? She's an actor.

fan

Brad is rocking The Good Guys sitcom, with Colin Hanks, created by Matt Nix

Check it out - snot blowing funny!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2