Mel Gibson's 'Hangover' Replacement -- Liam Neeson

10/22/2010 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel's out, Liam's in -- after a huge backlash against Mel Gibson's would-be cameo role in "The Hangover 2" ... "A-Team" star Liam Neeson has been tapped to fill the role ... according to Variety.

1022_liam_mel_bn_getty_tmz
Liam tells Variety -- "I just got a call to do a one day shoot on 'Hangover' as a tattooist in Thailand ... that's all I know about it" ... and the whole deal went through his "A-Team" pal, Bradley Cooper.

As we first reported, Mel Gibson was 86'd from the role -- in which he would have played a tattoo artist -- after friends of the cast put political pressure on the actors to raise hell.

Among the ringleaders -- we're told,
Zach Galifianakis.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

BlancheDevereaux

so bradley cooper is involved as well. glad to know who else to put on my boycott list.

BlancheDevereaux

MIDNIGHT TOKER

mel is finished in hollywood..lets put him on suicide watch...

BlancheDevereaux

my trigger finger is itchy today.

BlancheDevereaux

mel is finished in hollywood..lets put him on suicide watch...

Posted at 12:06 PM on Oct 22, 2010 by MIDNIGHT TOKER

i see you've still been smoking the cheap sh*t.

SHelden

__www.mygoodbag.com___ ^_^
I recommend a hot place for you.there are lots of High quality replica dis^count 'h an d^B a gs' and other brands designer ' h a n d^B ags' with low price are all here!^_^

Friend?

I´m stunned how Mel´s been treated and I will not see this movie. My firm conviction is that Mel is an innocent man who´s been falsly accused when one see to the evidence or lack of it!

ketjo

You can smell the bull shyst all the way to across the country !! Liam shame on you for kissing ass, been over and be a good boy now , I thought he had more class . Quess I was wrong !!!

sparced

Neeson is not even close to the same draw as Gibson...

not that it matters considering The Hangover 2 won't be nearly as good as the original.

Kitten

Wow... Ouch, Mel. lol
Love Liam, though.

Tellthetruth59

gibson -- out like yesterdays trash

Posted at 12:09 PM on Oct 22, 2010 by TMZgossip
----------------------------------

So say the bigots.

James

R u kidding me, to this these bozo's have more clout than Mel. Maybe they influenced this piece of **** movie but paybacks a bitch

al4et3gk

I won't watch this movie now. Liam should have stuck up for his fellow thespian. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty.

Steelers suck

Well, just another ****ty actor for a ****ty movie. Like I said before, I didn't see the first piece of crap and I'm not going to see the second. I now know why I've even turned down friends who've tried to get me to watch it for free. Not worth my time.

Kilmerfan

"Weird thing is ... We're told Mel was supposed to shoot his scenes on the Warner Bros. lot in Burbank, and Liam says he's going to Thailand."

So they are going to spend more money on the movie. I think this is going to be very expensive for WB. I wonder if it will be as painful for the WB as Batman and Robin (1997).

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments