Mel Gibson's 'Hangover' Replacement -- Liam Neeson

10/22/2010 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel's out, Liam's in -- after a huge backlash against Mel Gibson's would-be cameo role in "The Hangover 2" ... "A-Team" star Liam Neeson has been tapped to fill the role ... according to Variety.

1022_liam_mel_bn_getty_tmz
Liam tells Variety -- "I just got a call to do a one day shoot on 'Hangover' as a tattooist in Thailand ... that's all I know about it" ... and the whole deal went through his "A-Team" pal, Bradley Cooper.

As we first reported, Mel Gibson was 86'd from the role -- in which he would have played a tattoo artist -- after friends of the cast put political pressure on the actors to raise hell.

Among the ringleaders -- we're told,
Zach Galifianakis.

Confused

I don't dislike Liam, but come on, it is too bad he doesn't have any balls to say, "Hey, this isn't right."

kickaboo

Didn't you watch that clip? No, Zach Grabshisass tells Jihad jokes on stage and calls women in the audience effing c**ts, screams this at them to shut up. Zach...TOTAL HYPOCRITE, getting paid for it.

John

"F**k the haters, A Mel cameo would have pwned in this. Looks like I'll be boycotting this film too.

Posted at 12:19 PM on Oct 22, 2010 by Brad K"

Agreed.

Cameo's work better when you are unaware that a cameo is in the works. For example, I had no idea Tom Cruise was going to do the cameo in Tropic Thunder and it was great. Announcing the cameo for Hangover 2 was a big blunder.

In closing, Zach Galifatass is not funny. Neither is Will Ferrell; just sayin'.

Babushka

@kaprifol

I saw your post but I lost the page! :) Thanks for the response! I appreciated your personal insight as a film-maker. I have friends down there in the industry and they tell me stories that just curl my hair. (Which is very straight and black. LOL) One of them is a costumer and although she does abide by the "code" of confidentiality, she does share some of the more awful things with me because she can't bear to be the only who knows and it helps her to get rid of it, out of her soul, if I can put it that way. Another friend of mine down there is a film-maker also, like you and is also and actor, producer, etc. He always seems to know how to handle "those people" without letting it rub off on him. Not everyone in Hollywood is evil. But pretty darn close! LOL

Tammy

This is just crazy. I'm not even a huge fan of Mel, but come on! They will act with Mike Tyson who is a convicted rapist? But not Mel. Hippocrites. All of them

Posted at 1:05 PM on Oct 22, 2010 by beth

I agree!! I'd much rather be cussed out, but I guess the people in hollywood would rather their females be raped.

SayWhat

Yep, Bradley needs the PR too. Bradley should probably answer that domestic violence rumor of his own that keeps floating around about Jennifer.

Posted at 12:16 PM on Oct 22, 2010 by kickaboo
--------------------------------------

Cooper should have the courage to come out of the closet. What's he afraid of?

Posted at 12:20 PM on Oct 22, 2010 by Tellthetruth59
============================================
The same haters that are here bashing on Mel and those that support him.

Kilmerfan

were they all cast in Hangover 2 'after the fact' as well?

Posted at 1:09 PM on Oct 22, 2010 by TMZgossip

Maybe Zack and Osama would get along just fine, Zack would love the taste of terrorist A**, he get high off of it.

I don't always agree with South Park, but they got b@lls.

gonesi

The article below is pretty disgusting...this woman calls her blog "Hollywood Jew"

she gives the reason Mel is so bad. He has apologized, but I guess that is not good enough. Then she goes on to print an email that the Jews were circulating asking everyone to boycott Mel's picture and hurt him any other way they can.

I guess she wants "goy blood on her hands"

Having his 2006 DUI arrest erased from record has apparently given Mel Gibson license to deny he ever dissed the Jews.

At least that was the position he took in a recent KTLA interview about his new film, “Edge of Darkness” when reporter Sam Rubin questioned him about his past:

“Some people are gonna welcome you back and other people are gonna be like ‘He should never come back,’” Rubin said.

“Why?” Gibson deadpanned.

“Because of what happened before..”

“What happened before?”

“..the remarks that were attributed to you…”

“That were attributed to me, that I didn’t necessarily make,” Gibson said. Then he stumbled a bit. “I gather you have a dog in this fight?”

Rubin later regretted that he didn’t confront Gibson head on and say, “Damn right I have a dog in this fight!” and instead let Gibson’s onetime star power intimidate him into silence. But even though Gibson seems to have forgotten he once drunkenly ranted, “F*****g Jews… The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world,” those Jews certainly have not.

Now, many of them are calling for a boycott of Gibson’s upcoming film.

An email circulating within the Jewish community reads:

As a fellow Jew I am asking you to do the following for the reasons
that I am going to state. Mel Gibson has a new movie coming out within
the next week. It is named The Edge Of Darkness. I am asking you to
not only boycott the movie but to forward this email to every Jew and
every Jewish support group that you know. If you have any contacts
with any media that can put this to print, it would reach even more
people then we can imagine.

If you recall Mel’s father denies that the Holocaust ever happened.Mel
supports his fathers beliefs.

On Ash Wednesday February 25th 2004.The movie Passion Of The Christ
opened in thousands of theatres.

Mel Gibson co-wrote, directed,and co-produced the movie. Gibson also
financed the $25 million it took to make the movie through his own
company, Icon Productions. Hollywood’s major studios all passed on
offers to distribute the film. New market films agreed to distribute
it for a fee.

The movie has`probably created more controversy than any other movie
in recent years. Some commentators have charged that the movie is
anti-Semitiic because it blames the Jews for the death of Christ. The
film portrays Jews who adhere to their Jewish faith as enemies of G-D
and the locus of evil..

(The above 2 paragraphs were taken from the web site of
religioustolerance.org/chrgibson.htm)

In July of 2006 Mel Gibson was stopped and arrested for drunk driving
near his house in Malibu.by Deputy James Mee. In his initial report
Deputy Mee described how Gibson bolted from custody and how he chased
the actor back to his car where he handcuffed him.In addition, the
report detailed repeated threats against Mee made by Gibson, who said
that he” owned Malibu” and “would get even"with the deputy.The report
also detailed Gibson’s"barrage of anti-Semitic remarks"in which he
said, “The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world” before
asking the deputy, who is Jewish: Are you a Jew.

The article goes on to say that Gibson because of his celebrity status
received a $1300.00 fine and other minor consequences. He never
apologized to the deputy or to the Jewish people. Can we support an
individual who hates us.

It is very important that you don’t delete this email. If you do, it
only helps to support the beliefs of Mel Gibson against the Jewish
people.

It isn’t very Jewish to hold a grudge. Jews are a people who believe that forgiveness is a foundational principle of righteous living. But Jews also believe you have to ask for forgiveness in order to be forgiven. And I don’t hear Mel Gibson asking for a second chance. I see a Mel Gibson who is embarrassed and ashamed and thinks denying responsibility will absolve him of his sin.

Let’s hope for his sake that kind of religious faith works with his God, because in Jewish Hollywood, it doesn’t stand a chance.

Confused

Off the track here--Did you see how much some billionaire's wife (ex-wife) got for 1 kid, $100,000/mo.) Trope was her lawyer. Proves something is extremely wrong with o.ut little s.c.u.m.bag

cluetrain

If Mel Gibson is not in it, I won't bother seeing it. Honestly, Mel Gibson does not need the Hollywood Machine to get back on his feet. He's already succeeded quite brilliantly outside the system. Go Mel!

Kathy

Funny how on the TMZ comments, the only people that put down other posters are the ones against Mel Gibson. Hypocrit much? So tired of anyone who thinks slightly different than the REAL haters in this country is called a racist...guess what, I don't like Obama but it sure ain't because he's black. I'm a conservative, therefore I support the Jews, while the Libs want them to bow to the Muslims who want to KILL everyone that doesn't agree withthem...and Muslims are terrorists. And who cares who's gay...jeez...like I care what anyone is doing in their bedroom

Catwalk

This just confirms my need NEVER to see that picture ! What a bunch of prima donnas. Don't know who they think they are, but as one reader said - paybacks are hell.

ErinAndrewsIsAFameWhore

Has everyone forgotten why we hate Mel in the first place? He's a god damned racist anti-semite. Remember?

raven

Love Liam.

bob smith

bull****. I officially plan to boycott this movie