Balloon Boy's Dad: I'll Scratch Your Back

10/24/2010 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Balloon Boy's dad Richard Heene has hatched a new money making scheme that doesn't involve exploiting his kids -- and TMZ has learned it involves a giant back scratcher ... and a whole lot of yelling.

102110_richard_henne_video
Sources tell us Richard has invented a contraption called the "Bear Scratch" -- basically an upright piece of wood you use to scratch your back ... you know, like a bear would.

TMZ got its mitts on a video of Richard practice-pitching the gadget -- and ... just a suggestion ... he should probably take it down a few decibels.

Billy Mays he's not.

Bubbles The Chimp

I just put in an order for 5000 'Bear Scratch's. I am hoping he can build another balloon with the proceeds and fly off to another planet.

Annie

Can we please vote to send HIM up in his balloon!!!

There's a problem here

This man's 15 minutes is definitely gonna end in murder/suicide.

Keith

I like one of the previous posts that said that calling this nutjob a 'useless piece of sh*t' is an insult to useless pieces of sh*t worldwide! lol...

I'm at a loss for words on this one. I can't possibly find the right words to show just how big a douchbag this guy is. I feel sorry for the kids.

Doc

THIS GIUY IS A GENIUS.. GO TO FACE BOOK AND PUT IN BALLOON BOY DO***ENTARY!! WOW!! CANT WAIT TO SEE IT.. I HERE THE SHERIFF IS WAY MORE CORRUPT THAN ANYONE KNEW.

Doc

well... did you see the Facebook Page!!??

Cynstriss

Nooooo! Just when that super annoying "Oxy Clean" shouter (may he rest in peace)has begun to fade from my memory, along comes this knucklehead. Make him go away, please, please please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eddie

What an ASS!!

KZinmetry

It's rather obvious he's trying to be the next Billy Mays (BM must be rolling over in his grave). Mr Heene could be the PR Man "White House Gate Crashers" - they'd make a great team! On second thought, all these people need a reality check---get a REAL job. I think WalMart and McDonald's is hiring.

Vicki

We are not thrilled to find out this idiot just moved into our neighborhood. Hopefully the association there will get rid of him quickly or the gators will.

I'm A Lawyer

Not Even Billy Mays could sell that dumb POS.

Stephanie

WTF? Does this jerk think he's the new Billy Mays? YUCK. Someone PLEASE tell this moron his 15 minutes is UP.

gulftanker

This jerk is ripping off an invention that already exists! Ed Kurpieski invented this bear scratcher over 6 years ago! They were shown on Oprah during an invention contest.

Anastasia

He's STILL a total douche! Good LORD....He should NOT have kids :(

drockey

The back scratcher idea is an old one. There was one in the Disney movie "Country Bears"

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments