'Talent' Contestant: Someone Killed My Wife

10/25/2010 7:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"America's Got Talent" contestant Joe Finley insists his wife's death was "not an accident" -- telling TMZ, "Somebody threw her off that railing."

1025_joe_finley_facebook_ex_6

Joe tells us he last saw his wife Laura Finley at the Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles at 3:00 AM Saturday morning ... after the two popped the drug ecstasy.

Laura was pronounced dead at 8:25 AM.

Joe was named a person of interest in the death -- but tells TMZ he did not murder his wife adding,  "100% this was not an accident."

Joe says cops told him that someone went to the front desk and requested a key to their room at around 1:30 AM, an hour and a half before Finley claims he last saw his wife.

Vanilla Chinchilla

I agree with Roberta... his dumb fat ass pushed her dumb fat ass off the stairs.

case closed

Al Bowman

Dear General Public: I know these people very well. Joe Finley and Laura both have been two of the most stand up people I have ever known, particularly for their selfless devotion to one another. I have seen women almost throw themselves at Joe, only to put on the Teflon shield of his marriage to Laura and deflect their advances. In fact, I personally know of one very refined lady of cinema who adores Joe and as hot as SHE IS, Joe has politely declined her flirtations. A story like this cuts to motive. Most of the time another woman is that motive. I would have to say, that is not the case here. The fact that Joe went to his audition after he was informed she was missing or possibly dead? Hey, the guy is the quintessential pro entertainer. He was merely living by the same credo he always has:"the show must go on." I am with you as a friend Joe Finley. You are always a part of the Los Angeles Music Awards family of great and talented artists. See you on the red carpet on November 18th at Paramount Studios. Don't forget, you are performing that night.

Sincerely,
Al Bowman
Founder / Executive Producer
LA Music Awards

betty carroll

I have been reading your remarks and I am stunned by how you all are acting. U have no common sense. I was at the auditions. only believe one percent of one percent that you read. There is going to be more information when the LAPD is finished with there investigation that will PROVE HE DID NOT DO THIS. Not all the info has been make public for a reason. There are things that you do not know that have to wait for a explanation. Do not ruin a good man when you have no facts to back up your accusations.

Roberta

Ecuse me # 48 ,Vanilla Chinchilla. DO NOT AGREE WITH ME ,THEN MAKE SUCH A HORRIBLE ACCUSATION AGAINST JOE... As I said if you were not there personally to witness what happened to Laura than kindly keep your thoughts and comments to yourself, If you beleive you personally seen or heard something the day of Laura's demise then you need to take that information (facts only) to the police not to these horrible comments . As stated by the people that love Laura,Joe and their family, and by Laura's daughter Lauren, People such as yourself and the others that are posting horrible rumors really should give it a rest . You seriousely would'nt want this story to be a nightmare in your home where your chidren ,mother ,father, husband, or wife could veiw this sh----it, what makes you think they want to see your unkindnes ? They lost a beautiful person in their life , let them mourn in peace.

concerned friend of Laura's

Guess who Joe, that's right, and you know you are lying! Take a polygraph test because Family and Freinds, remember "the proof is in the pudding"!

Please_get_a_life

He said

Quote: "100% this was not an accident."

There is only 2 ways he can be 100% certain.
He either did it or saw it done.

MS

#53 you are stupid. with all you dumb theary. How about an autopsy that shows defense marks, broken nails, a girl fighting for her life. oops must of for got hat one Joes Mom. Leave us alone we have more evidence than you can imagine and work the case everday and night.

betty carroll

It is difficult for me to sit back and read this and say nothing but I have too. Please STOP!!!!! YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT AND YOU KNOW WHAT ASSUMING SOMETHING makes you. IT MAKES AN ASS OUT of YOU. Wait for all the information to be revealed. Have to keep it quiet while they investigate. in the mean time I will be biting my lip. Lauren, I hope you and Joe are doing as well as you can. Keep the end of the tunnel in sight. You and your mother will get there and then all of these wannabe slobs will be put to rest.
ishka

betty carroll

I AM NOT A RELATIVE HOWEVER I DO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR CASE.
WHEN ALL THE INFORMATION CAN FINALLY BE EXPOSED YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO APOLOGIZE TO JOE FOR YOUR DOUBT, AND TO TOO THE FAMILY FOR WRITING SUCH HURTFUL THINGS ABOUT THEM. BE GLAD YOU DO NOT KNOW ALL THE INFO. IT IS HORRIBLE AND WOULD BREAK YOUR HEART IF YOU DID KNOW LAURA. JOE CAN NOT TALK ABOUT EVERYTHING. THE KILLER COULD GET LOOSE IF HE KNEW IT ALL. GIVE THE FAMILY SOME SPACE. WAITING FOR THE INFORMATION TAKES TIME BUT IT WILL NOT TAKE FOREVER. THERE WILL BE PLENTY OF TIME TO DEBATE THE INFOR WHEN YOU HAVE IT ALL. TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND THINK ABOUT WHAT LAURA WOULD WANT YOU TO DO. I AM SURE FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD ABOUT HER THAT ALL THIS BLAMING IS NOT WHAT SHE WOULD HAVE WANTED. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LIKE, LOVE, OR WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH HIM. YOU DO NEED TO RESPECT HIM AND HIS FAMILY. DO IT FOR LAURA, THE WOMAN WHO LOVED HIM. I HAVE NO DOUBTS ABOUT THAT. BE A GROWN UP AND SO NOT STOOP THE THE LEVEL OF A **** ROACH.

Chicagoray

More like "America's got too many drug addicts".

sammit

People are always going to think and voice their opinions on something they know nothing about. Just wait until the investigation is over. If Mr. Finley did it, it will come out if he didn't do it shame on you.

Remember the Gary Condit, totally innocent, but, crucified in the press and by people like you.

John

He's got more chins than a Chinese phone book.

betty carroll

I was at the hotel the night the murder took place. I was up and praticing my act before the audition the following morning. I was a man more then once wandering around the hotel that night. I know a transient killed her and not joe. When I tried to tell the hotel security I was ignored and I had to call the LA PD multiple times to get their attention. I have been told I can now talk about that night and what I saw. The LAPD let the murderer get away by ignoring my voice and automatically assuming Joe did this and not following the lead they were given. A murderer is on the loose right now in downtown LA and they do not care.....This murder changed my life. I no longer have any trust in the police.The Biltmore needs to pay for not having proper security. All it would have taken was a security camera. One camera and we would know who did this. Please listen and you the public demand security cameras in every hotel......

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4