The Quaids' Arrest Could Mean Death for Doggie

10/26/2010 9:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There was a third Quaid in the car when Evi and Randy were arrested in Canada last week ... their beloved pooch Doji ... and TMZ has learned he could pay for his master's sins ... with his life.

Quaids arrested.

While Evi and Randy are still "in detention" after being nabbed on an active arrest warrant ... we've learned Doji has been placed in an animal shelter in Vancouver for the time being.

But Doji's days could be numbered -- because according to Vancouver law, any dog that has been impounded for more than 72 hours becomes city property ... and the pound keeper is then given the authority to "destroy, or sell by auction or private sale, an impounded dog."

We spoke to someone at Animal Control in Vancouver who told us they "make every effort to not put the dogs to sleep" ... and generally try to find the animals a home through adoption.

Still, look at this face (the one on the left) ... someone better act fast.

Allie

Save the dog... knock off the wackjob Quaids.

Chia

The article implies (wrongly) that we here in Canada love sending puppies to the gas chamber. Incorrect. We actually have pretty big hearts.

Just 'cause it's written in law, doesn't mean that we're watching the clock with our hands on the switch!

Posted at 5:05 PM on Oct 25, 2010 by Mickrock

Mickrock, Most know Canada has a humanitarian stance (most people are idiots and would take this opportunity to bash anyone from anywhere). I'm sure the dog will be fine.

Just hope TMZ will follow-up with a positive story on the dog.

Chia

TMZ, you have to get a board monitor to get rid of these ads!

*78

Canada should put the Quaids to sleep and let the poor dog go.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

Just hope TMZ will follow-up with a positive story on the dog.

Posted at 6:30 AM on Oct 26, 2010 by Chia
SO YOU WANT A FEEL GOOD STORY..HMMM HOW ABOUT A STORY ABOUT ALL THE DOGS THAT ARE NEEDLESSLY PUT TO SLEEP VERY INHUMANLY,AND THE DOGS LEFT OUTSIDE IN THE WINTER,OR USED FOR DOGFIGHTING..AND CATS TOO,,THATS THE MATTER WITH THE WORLD,,EVERYONE WANTS TO HEAR GOOD NEWS AND TURN A BLIND EYE TO ANYTHING BAD,,,SHAME ON YOU..ARF ARF MEOWWW MEOWWWWW

Amber

Oh, how sad!! I would take that cute little cattle dog!!

wrangler003

They need to be the one's put down not the dog. Not the dog's fault he has ignorant owner's.

Bill F. Murray

He's cute, ain't he? Only problem is, he's got a little bit of Mississippi leg hound in him. If the mood catches him right, he'll grab your leg, and just go to town. You don't want him around if you're wearing short pants if you know what I mean. A word of warning though: If he does lay into you, it's best to just let him finish.

Leesa

I remember Randy from Independence Day he was awesome in it. I dont know the story about his wife but I see some of you believe she is Randy's ticket to hell lol. Well I like Randy and he will have no prob getting roles here in Canada IMO if his wife is bad for him then he should EXIT stage left lol.

Jen

Come one Vancouver, the dog shouldn't be punished because its owners are idiots!!!

Mel

I am personally offended by TMZ's lack of true investigation, this dog won't be put to sleep or sold, he/she will be adopted for FREE to a loving home if the Quaids can't give it that, disgusting to suggest Canadians would do this and say it out loud, shame shame on you TMZ..only in the USA would a convicted DOG KILLER be allowed back into the NFL...may Michael Vick be hit by a freight train full speed ahead...nuff said.

Jamaican Sam

I'd adopt Randy's wife, Evi, but I'm afraid she'd tear my sofa to bits.

mat

The picture with Evi holding the dog.... He is definitely trying to send out a plea "Help me. I am being held against my will. Call 911."

Proud Canadian

As James has said, there is absolutely NO WAY that this dog will be put down. All Canadian SPCAs are mandated to take great care in keeping animals healthy, stimulated, happy and especially, ALIVE. Believe me, I volunteered for an SPCA for years; there would be unbelievable outcry from the public if animals were euthanized as easily as this slanted reporting suggests.

This statement simply serves to explain an SPCA's ultimate right, depending on cir***stances (i.e. an extremely aggressive [and therefore dangerous] animal that cannot be rehabilitated) down the road. E.g., a person has a right to kill his/her spouse in self-defense, depending on the specific cir***stances and related details; however, if you cut the cir***stances out of the picture and simply state that the person has a right to kill their spouse, then the statement sends a completely different message, doesn't it?!

Shame on me for coming to visit this shamefully trashy site....

Cooper

RANDY AND EVI SHOULD BE PUT DOWN - NOT THE DOGGIE....