'Hiccup Girl' Charged with First Degree Murder

10/25/2010 9:13 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jennifer Mee -- better known as "Hiccup Girl," after her appearance on the "Today" show back in 2007 -- was charged with first degree murder in Florida this weekend.

Hiccup Girl arrested - Jennifer Mee.
According to police, Mee was a key member of a robbery-gone-wrong Saturday night -- in which she lured a man into an ambush, in which he was robbed at gunpoint by two men.

Cops say the victim struggled -- and was shot and killed at the scene.

According to police, Mee and the other two suspects have "admitted to their involvement" in the crime -- and have each been charged with 1st degree murder.

All three could face the death penalty if convicted.

Mee became mildly famous after she appeared on "Today" back in 2007 -- suffering from a condition which made her hiccup 50 times a minute for five weeks.

Unlike her current situation, the hiccup thing just went away over time.

Matt

I know Laron Raiford personally, he lived with me for over a year, its sad because he can play basketball like a pro, although his family life was horrible, father left him in the streets..homeless, mother a dope fiend..Laron had a hard life & was always struggling to survive..I know it gets hard out here, you still hae to push thru it. I tried to help him, he did well when he tried..but obviously he made his choice, Laron, i love you like a brother, but you ruined your life, you took someone's life, someones child & loved one..you deserve what happens.

Cindy

Using Tourette Syndrome as a defense to murder is despicable. Check out the statement the Tourette Syndrome Association has made in regard to this issue: http://bit.ly/8ZGsGN

Smoke

This was all a publicity stunt a few years ago. This girl just lacked attention so much, she needed to do something drastic later on in life. Thanks for making idiots famous for no reason, media outlets...

Reg

It's all about Mee.

Susan

This is the girl that killed my brother in law. A man who had a great job going to school screw what happened in her life his ended due to her! Anyone who feels sorry for her should rot with her our family member is gone what about that think if it was your family would you really take up for this. I hope she dies i hope all of them that's they gave him no choice why do they get a choice stupid ass people

kayla

deephousechick. your a fat lazy bitch who was hardely ever home you never payed my sister ashley for watching your stupidy bitchie daoughter you owd her over 300 dollars but you would rather buy fast food with it then pay someone for helping you cuz you didnt no who your babys farther was sad. my sister jennifer is not a bad person ya she ***** up but everyone does and for you said i toke bad pictures your just jealous cuz im pretty and well no one ever wanted you. you even tryed to get with my uncle marc and my dad. my dad and happily married and has 5 beautiful daoughters not one bitchie daughter like you and you should go get alife and no write dirt on other people

kayla

susan you are a stupid bitch if you dont no the whole damn story shut the **** up.

kayla

who ever said my sister is faking thats a lie who ever said my sister is ugly you better look in the mirror most of you all are probaly ugly with no lifes and cant get no one so dont run your mouth about my sister cuz she is pretty then you jealous is a bitch aint it so get the hell over it you stupid low life *****

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4