T.I. Won't Be Charged in L.A. Drug Arrest

10/25/2010 4:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

T.I. is finally getting a break -- TMZ has learned the L.A. County District Attorney has rejected the drug case stemming from his arrest last month ... and we're told there may have been legal problems with the case.

1025_TI_doc_launch_EX_TMZ
As TMZ first reported, T.I. and his wife were busted back on September 1 for possession of a controlled substance.

According to the D.A.'s Office, they are not going forward with charges because, in essence, he's already been sentenced to prison since the arrest was a violation of his federal probation.

However, law enforcement sources tell TMZ, there were significant legal issues over probable cause which led to T.I.'s arrest.

Cops claimed they smelled marijuana but no pot was ever booked into evidence.  And, we're told ...T.I. was pulled out of his $250,000 Maybach immediately after he made the illegal U-turn and prior to any registration check.

Khafre

Every body aginst T.I can suck my 10" d***. He's one of the best rappers alive

tmzblogger

This is FANTASTIC.

Yvonne

He should go back to jail!! Drugs ain't a good thing! Never!!

TheUltraworld

He'll get busted soon enough.

jbeans

Of course he won't be charged. He's a celebrity and it's LA. Different laws for them than you and I.....I'm really getting sick of the special treatment these "celebrities" get!

justsaying23

He was pulled over for an illegal u-turn. When you are on probation the police DO NOT NEED PROBABLE CAUSE TO SEARCH YOUR CAR, they can just search it. When you are on parole/probation you give up the right to not be searched. T.I. knew this. He's still lucky only getting 11 months Fed time...isn't his probation 15 years? He could have got that time.

dd

No harm no foul, can he go to rehab now?

Joao

Come on TMZ... keep it real. You know and I know there was no problems with the case. I said it on one of these boards T.I. peeps (attorneys) cut a deal to not appeal and they agreed to drop the second charge. That's why he's silent about the 11 months he got, because he was looking at more than that.

The Good Old American Justice system, where you get what you pay for.

pops

Oh please? Another loser celeb walking free and clear in LA. Who would've guessed?

Blessed

I pray TI will sincerly get it together, if not for himself he should for his children. Let him go free if he don't get it together he'll be back.

timmay

So the Lesson in all of this is to smoke up whatever pot you have in the car that way when they find all the OTHER drugs they won't be able to prosecute me cuz there's no reefer left? Did I get that right?? Cali here I come!!

Ms BAB

Well, I am confused.....if he was not charged in Cal then why is he in violation of his Federal Probation? Something is very strange about this case......Well the point is "Just say no to drugs celebrities!"

Rikwes

Another one who doesn't belong in jail . Seems justice dept. still doesn't grasp it doesn't work to throw addicts in jail.The only folks belonging in jail are those convicted of a violent crime who are an immediate threat to safety of other citizens .

Brandon

If they pulled him over and smelled marijuana then obviously that's probable cause right there. I know a moving violation isn't a reason for probable cause search. Also, he's on federal parole,so you can likely assume that part of his parole is to avoid using drugs or being around where drugs are used. That's a a stipulation of parole/probation at the county/state level. Being on federal parole also means him and any of his possessions are subject to search with or without cause or a warrant at any time.

G

it doesnt matter that LA county is not pursuing charges. the NEXT DAY HE POPPED ON A PISS TEST by his PO. thats why he is going to do time again. TI is a moron!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments