Charlie Sheen Hospitalized After Drinking Binge

10/26/2010 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen was hospitalized early this morning after a drinking binge that ended with Charlie allegedly trashing his NYC hotel room.

0823_charlie_sheen_tmz_ex
New York City police were called by security at The Plaza Hotel, who reported a disturbance in Charlie's suite.  When cops entered just after 2 AM, they found Charlie drunk and naked.  Chairs had been thrown around the room and a chandelier was damaged.

We're told an unidentified woman in the room told cops Charlie flew into such a rage that she locked herself in the bathroom and called security.  There's also a report out that Charlie accused the woman of stealing his wallet.

Police sources say Charlie went voluntarily and that Charlie was "intoxicated, irrational" and "emotionally disturbed." Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Charlie was "emotionally disturbed" and they gave him a choice -- go to the hospital or jail.  Charlie chose option 1.

Sources who have spent time with Charlie recently say he's been "a tortured soul for months" and his friends openly talked about how they feared for his life.  Another source very close to Charlie echoed the fear that Charlie's most recent downturn could end tragically.

Charlie's rep just put out a statement that the actor was hospitalized after suffering an allergic reaction to medication ... though the information conflicts with what TMZ has confirmed ... that drinking was a factor.

"Two and a Half Men" is on hiatus this week and Charlie isn't due back on the set until next Tuesday.  We're told producers have a jet ready in NYC to fly Charlie home today.

Sources connected with the actor tell us he'll fly into L.A. this evening and he'll go right home.  Sheen won't be staying at Promises in Malibu -- where he's stayed on and off since earlier this year.

People connected with the show tell us ... Charlie doesn't think he needs to go back to rehab, even though some of his friends and associates tell us the situation is pretty desperate.

Cops did not find any evidence of drug use in Charlie Sheen's NY hotel room early this morning ... this according to law enforcement sources.

1026_charlie_sheen_footer

Back to the Future: Now & Then!

To celebrate the release of the "Back to the Future" trilogy on Blu-ray today, a few of the cast members held a reunion last night in NYC.

1026_back_future_welcome_launch
To mark the first movie's 25th anniversary, warm up your flux capacitors to 1.21 gigawats -- and see how Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox), Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd), Lorraine Baines (Lea Thompson) and Clara Clayton (Mary Steenburgen in "Part III") have changed.

Great Scott!

If They Were Pregnant...

(Which they AREN'T) they might look a little something like this!

1022_pretend_pregnant_launch

TMZ's Pumpkin Carvin' Contest -- Cut It Out!

The pumpkin pictures poured into the TMZ newsroom for our Second Annual Pumpkin Carvin' Contest -- so check out all the spooky snapshots!

1022_pumpkin_carving_contest_launch
Be sure to check back on Monday to vote for which carefully carved picture should score the $250 prize and some great gifts from TMZ!

**CLICK HERE for contest rules and regulations!**

1019_pumpkin_carving_stencil_footer

Riff Raff in 'Rocky Horror': Memba Him?!

Richard O'Brien is best known for playing Riff Raff in the 1975 cult classic "The Rocky Horror Picture Show." Guess what he looks like now!

1022_memba_launch

DAN HENDERSON

1 AND A HALF MEN AND A WIFE BEATING, ALCOHOLIC, 9/11 TRUTHER .....ONLY A HOLLYWOOD BRAT COULD GET AWAY WITH THIS CRAP!!!!!!!

Al shaw

Reference to Charlie Sheen , why are we always suppose to feel sorry for the drug addicts and drunks?? Especially guys like this that have so much money , they could throw a lot away half and still be rich! What about those of us who dont drink and drugs and not cause problems?? And also getting involved with a Whore and then accuse the girl of whatever??!!The answer is to live a clean life drug and alchoholic free!

jeansspot2

Story of self-destruction. Charlie's destruction down and out is his addictions. I sit in my room with my books, my computer and my way too comfortable bed, my family around me fully grown who work hard everyday with raising their kids and the difficulties of their own worries of what's next in this economy. I am thankful. Thankful I didn't get caught up in the drugs. I did make mistakes just not the drugs. But I know what the value of life is, and am thankful I have my belief and my faith. And Charlie, along with the ones who are celebs; who can't seem to get a handle on what is valuable in this life. the main reason? DRUGS - ALCOHOL! Until Charlie sees what true values are in his life he won't change. The most powerful and only rescue for Charlie is our Savior Jesus. I've seen it many, many times and know it to be the Truth. Charlie has to open that door, nobody else can, just him. We lost a young man, in our family; promising future in the Navy to his addictions and alcohol. Died at 36 in his sleep. Beautiful young man. His first wife is still on drugs, who has bought them for their own kids. One of their boys has been going down the tubes since he was 13. He is now 19 and
lost in his life. He does things for the drugs/alcohol. Unlike Charlie who can pay for them. See how having money or no money doesn't matter when you're a junkie? It's the DRUGS. And the evil they bring into the mind.

Sheeple

All of you morons are missing the point, which is exactly what you've been trained to do...miss the point. Sheen only started having all these, "problems" after joining forces with Alex Jones.

He's a huge and influential name in Hollywood, they have to take care of him, and when they do, we'll all believe he's done it to himself, because those are the lies the media's been feeding us. The media could tell Americans the sky is green and they'd believe it.

If Sheen's crazy, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Rosie

I love his funny character on "Two and a Half Men". But the feelings are changing since he is showing a side of such a horrible, sexist,idiotic, drunk. I do feel sorry for his children because he might not be around too long from all of his stupidity acts. I won't be surprised one bit once I hear that Charlie Sheen has kicked the bucket.

T

I understand how he feels, he's a good guy

Lea

I Love Charlie Sheen. It's such a shame he Always seems to get mixed up with women, whom are Too Young for him and Then they Get Preggers, so he Stupidly Steps Up and Marries Them, which Always Always Turns Out Badly! IMHO... I Feel Charlie Should Grow Up, Stop Dating these Ingenues, Stop Having Babies and FTLO GOD,STOP GETTING MARRIED already! Just go Back to Paying for it and Then He'll Know Exactly What and Whom He Is With and NO STRINGS! I Do also Pray he gets with the Program[so to speak] and Cleans up his act a bit. It Worked for Robert Downey Jr. and Look how he Turned his Life around and Look @ Where He Is Today! I have No Doubt That His Dad[Martin] Will DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO PULL HIM THROUGH THIS,SAFELY! God Bless You Charlie! Take Care! P.S. LOVE Two and A Half Men!

Charles

Hey, I believe that If there is a sincere approach by Hollywood to create better actors/actresses...they should incorporate a clause in all contracts that if there is " Proof" of alcohol-drug abusing within their companies that the person has to under-go a complete psycho-analysis for at least 1 year in order to keep them on. If they do not comply that they are let go out of their contract and let go. We are all human so I believe in sympathizing but lets do the best we can to keep Hollywood in good perspective in the long run...and our people.

Ray

I really feel bad for Charlie Sheen, he was a really good actor. I don't know what happened but, I'd like to see him get through it and start over fresh.

Ramsey Davis

You are looking at a man who is out of balance with the universe. This is the time when all efforts should be made to help him rather than kick him while he is down.

tuefull

what an idiot,,rich, spoiled little brat. just another hollywood loser. he'll eventually die of aids from all the whores he's been with. good ridence.

Margery

This man has a mental problem and should be put away. For good would be best for the safety of all of us.

lois

Charlie Sheen is a bum and an oversexed pervert. he is an embrassemnt to his respectable father ! I wont even watch "Two and a half men" because I cant stand to look at that egoistic, self centered assinine!

bill

I hope charlie gets whatever help he needs He seems te be a decent person other that his self destructive tendencies. I dunno I could be wrong. He should probably get with a more normal crowd of people if he even knows what that is.

Jeremy Atwood

To all of you that want to shame this actor and other celebrities and other famous CELEBS...with these problems and such., let me say this...YOU ARE AS MUCH THE PROBLEM TOO.
TO HOLD SUCH JUDGEMENT AND SMARMY AND CONDESCENDING COMMENTS AT THIS MAN WHO IS A HUMAN BEING YOU ALL FORGET....
PUT YOURSELF IN HIS SHOES , MAYBE HE DOES HAVE MAJOR ISSUES WITH WOMEN,ABUSIVE AND CHAOTIC BEHAVIOR, BUT HE DOES STILL DESERVE HAPPINESS AND CLARITY TOO....MAYBE HE HAS LOST HIS WAY...IF YOU EVER HAVE BEEN WHERE HE IS....ITS A B**CH......
LOOK AT THOSE SOULS WE HAVE LOST OVER THE YEARS TO SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND OTHER SUCH BEHAVIOR...RIVER PHOENIX,HEATH LEDGER, FROM MY GENERATIONS BUT FOR THOSE EVEN LOST EARLY ON IN LIFE....MARILYN MONROE , JUDY GARLAND, JAMES DEAN, AND SUCH....THEY ALL HAD TROUBLES...NO ONE COULD SEEM TO HELP THEM...THINK IF THEY WERE YOUR LOVED ONES... NONE OF THESE PEOPLE CAN BE FORCED TO CHANGED....THEY HAVE TO DO IT FOR THEMSELVES...THINK IF IT WAS ONE OF YOUR CHILDREN OR LOVED ONES....WOULD YOU BE SO QUICK AND HARSH TO JUDGE....REALLY THINK ABOUT IT? COME ON PEOPLE..SERIOUSLY???...YOU WOULD TRY TO EMBRACE AND HELP AND YOU ALL KNOW IT ....IF YOU DIDNT YOU ARENT HUMAN AND YOU SHOULD GET NO SYMPATHY OR SORROW FOR ANY OF YOU THAT COULD ACT IN SUCH A MANNER TOO...
ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD,FAME AND FORTUNE DOESNT GIVE ANYONE THE RIGHT TO BE JUDGED SO HARSHLY..... THEY ARE STILL HUMAN BEINGS...YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT THEY DO AND LAUGH AND ENJOY THEM AS PEOPLE IN THEIR FILMS AND TV AND OTHER SUCH APPEARANCES AND OTHER SUCH WORK... BUT YOU WILL INVADE THEIR LIVES, PRIVACY,ETC. LIKE NO OTHER....BUT YET BE SO QUICK TO JUDGE WHEN THEY MESS UP OR HAVE TROUBLES LIKE THEY DO..GET OVER YOURSELVES...HE NEEDS HELP AND IT WOULD BE TERRIBLE A LOSS...WHETHER YOU LIKE HIM OR ANY OTHER...THERE ARE SOME OF US THAT DO LIKE HIM...JEREMY