« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Cops: Maloof Boozed, Popped Pills and Sped

10/26/2010 4:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

George Maloof -- part owner of the Sacramento Kings and The Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas -- told cops he was under the influence of Ambien and Corona when he sped down a Vegas street and lost control of his car earlier this month.

1026_george_maloof_doc_EX_2
TMZ has obtained the police report, which says Maloof was going 72 MPH in a 45 MPH zone when he lost control of his vehicle trying to make a left turn and drove into oncoming traffic.

Maybe more significant -- Maloof told cops he popped an Ambien 20 minutes before losing control. Oh yeah, he also said he had 4 Coronas.

Maloof's blood alcohol level was .091 -- which exceeded the legal limit and does not account for the Ambien reaction.

The arresting officer also stated in the report, "[Maloof] almost backed into my parked police motorcycle while siren and lights activated, twice."

One final thing, in the report, the officer said to Maloof, "Without looking at your watch, do you know what time it is?"

The cop says, "[Maloof] looked down at both wrists, before saying, 'I don't know.'"

As we first reported, Maloof was arrested on October 9 in Las Vegas -- and was booked for DUI, speeding, making an illegal left turn, driving without a valid license and having no proof of insurance.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

andy

Biggest News Here??? The Sacremento Kings are still an existing sports franchise . . .

Completely forgot!!!

Lisa

What in the world was he still doing behind the wheel with keys in the ignition to have the ability to "almost back into a patrol car twice", just a question of curious concern. I guess it pays to have money and clout!

A Real Lawyer

Another example of money doesn't buy brains. Moron.

LMM

Pfft I cant even get up to the bathroom once I take an ambien, I dont know how this guy could even get out of his house to drive. What a freakin idiot! Thank God no one got killed because of his stupidity!

EastCoastChopper

Before I head out to work in the AM - (metro bus driver) I usually disolve on 4mg lorazepam into 10 cc of propofol and inject that straight into my femoral - On the drive I sip a 16 oz Four Loko -

I've nevr had any prblms zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

samm

Richie Rich made it on Daddy's beer money--believing he's bulletproof (probably is in Hick Town Vegas--watch him walk with only probation), shows how out of touch he is with the "customers" the M's claim they value so much (celebrities). Can't even drive on a few beers and a sleeping pill. Almost backed over the cop. Everyone knows when you've been drinking a few you slow down and be extra careful. Lightweight sissy. That explains the fraidy-eyes.

Wow

All I can say is WoW!! You would think with someone who has millions that they would be able to afford having an up to date driver's license as well as insurance.

eyes r rolling

Dealt with him and his brother years ago when they first started playing with their new toy, the Sacto Kings... what a couple of self-entitled, egotistical, childish morons! Not surprised at all. I'll just leave it at that.

TRUTH

They (maloofs)steal ideas too, they are notorious for it, guess karma is a biotch after all.
Wasn't tiger woods on ambien when he crashed into a tree last November?
To think that you have loads of taxis and limos right outside of your hotel and you would rather take a chance on possibly killing someone by driving after consuming a number of beers and popping two ambien is beyond a douchbag.
To be fugly AND stupid, well thank goodness he has the money to fall back on.

Jody

I know from experience that Ambien will put you in a euphoric state in about 30 minutes after taking it. You should not leave the house after popping one of those pills.

ELLIE

THIS A*HOLE OUGHT BE THROWN IN JAIL FOR A YEAR OR 2, BUT HE WILL GET OFF. MONEY TALKS. DRIVING WITH AMBIEN IN THE SYSTEM. HE COULD HAVE KILLED SOMEONE DRIVING THE SHAPE HE WAS IN.

OooooNooo!

The only thing worse than driving on four beers and Ambien is posting these lame SPAM advertising on TMZ.

DO NOT GO TO OVERSTOCKS.COM

crystle

I have one word for this guy: Dumbass! How can this rich fop own a team AND a resort casino and not have insurance, a valid driver's license, or a chauffer?

angelwolf333

i kinda feel his anger . when someone asks you what time it is i look at my wrists. i wear my watch on my left wrist most of the time but dependinding on where i go i sometimes wear it on my right wrist..
and if i chose not to wear a watch i have no idea withen an hour or 2 what time it is.

joe

Nice to see that owning a casino does not get you special treatment in Las Vegas.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments