« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LeBron James -- Payback's a Witch

10/26/2010 5:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lest anyone forget -- LeBron James is still the most hated man in Cleveland ... as evidenced by this video of self-proclaimed "Wiccans," aka witches, casting spells on King James just in time for his Miami Heat debut.

LeBron James
The coven gathered this morning at 100.7 WMMS in Cleveland ... armed with a pentagram, pig and cow bones, a fake skull, and a voodoo doll to curse LeBron before tonight's Heat-Celtics matchup.

One of the evil chants -- "Tie a knot against the king. May he die without a ring."

Hey Cleveland ... isn't it time to move on? Ya still got Drew Carey.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

MagickAttic

As a wiccan myself these people are going to get some Bad Karma. First for parading around as Wiccans and not being. Plus they where messing with things that they do not even understand.

Check out http://www.magickattic.com
For all you New Age Needs!!

NDNchief

the heat just lost. they suck without any mumbo jumbo. GO LAKERS ! ! ! The CHAMPIONSHIP CEREMONY is starting. Go Pau Gasol.

XPrettyBulletX>

TMZ, i really wish you said anything but "wiccans"
Im a Pagan whom believes in 1 god, THE GOD
calling them witches is fine, but wiccan? Is offensive.

@susan #33
We are taking offense the same way ANY Christian would take offense to the slander of God or Jesus.

Shell

Oh my goodness. It was a silly radio stunt. Why are people getting so worked up about it? No one in their right mind believes these were real Wiccans or Witches or whatever...I took it as a joke, which I am guessing it was meant to be.
I live in Cleveland, I am NOT a loser, and I don't give a hoot about LeBron James.

Posted at 6:46 PM on Oct 26, 2010 by Susan
==================================================

Susan, it's a disgrace to the city. Maybe Bo ( morning PD) should find something else to do with his mornings at the station instead of making us look like laughing stocks....

b

Looks like it worked.

Carvey

Some people take sports way too seriously. If you've ever uttered the phrase "my team" and you're not actually a paid member of that team, well you're a loser who needs to get out and actually participate in a sport.

kickaboo

I love Lebron's new commercial. What do you expect him to be?

Lucky_130

Kobe Bryant and the rest of the Lakers will take care of him, Id be worried about that Karma for puttin that negative energy out, its a bitch.

Erica

Thats the reason why they lost. GO LAKERS!

msroncon

Did you forget we have Halle Berry too, not just Drew....although we love Drew more....

We don't care about Lebron........

whut

Wiccans would not do this totally fake for hallowen, very shoddy and prejudiced journalism. Also wiccans do your own homework on satanists b/c you don't know wtf you are talking about either.
Witch

Lucky_130

Instead of being called wiccans(for those offended)how about Ascended Masters here to help create Heaven on Earth? Peace, Love, and Non Violence

mommypepper

Besides being offended at the stupidity of this stunt I think TMZ as well as the radio station should apologize to all Wiccans and Witches for this blatant disrespect. If they were using statues of Mother Mary or of Jesus heads would be rolling.

@Susan Even if it was a "stunt" the reason we get worked up is because we are constantly having to explain to people that we are not Satanists or devil worshipers to ignorant people who see a pentagram and freak out. I have been a practicing witch for over 15 years and at least once a week have to deal with some stupid comments made to myself or my children because of idiots like this that play on fear and insecurities of the unknown.

Either way these people will get there Karmic due regardless of what or what they don't practice.

Blessed Be!

sub13

Don't blame Cleveland because of a couple of idiots doing stupid shiz.

itsmenotyou

I think it sucks that they used the word Wiccan. Outside of that, come on people....it was a bit on a radio show. Let's not make too much of it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments