« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Mayoral Wager on World Series -- Food at Stake

10/26/2010 6:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Commissioner's Trophy isn't the only thing on the line when the Texas Rangers play the San Francisco Giants in the 2010 World Series -- two hometown mayors have each stepped up to the plate to make a serious bet on the outcome.

1026_world_series_EX_Getty_01

TMZ has learned ... San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom (right) and the mayor of Arlington, TX, Robert Cluck (left), have agreed to make a wager on the series.

Here's the deal -- each mayor has agreed that the loser will provide a day of community service in the winner's town while wearing a jersey of the winning team.

But there's more -- the losing mayor will also ship the winning mayor a bunch of delicious hometown goodies. If SF loses, Newsom has agreed to ship Dungeness crab, sourdough bread, Ghirardelli chocolate and Anchor Steam beer.

If Texas loses, Cluck has agreed to ship over BBQ food from a local joint called Spring Creek BBQ ... said to be the best in TX.

Game 1 is set for tomorrow night.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Dee

Looks like Clucky boy is going to have a damn good meal! GO GIANTS!!

MommaH

I live in Tx & Spring Creek sucks! Local delicacy ha!

Joe

Spring Creek is the worse BBQ in Texas!

dsw

I'm glad that the Giants are not playing the Yankees, SF sends them crabs and NY sends them bedbugs.

Rich

Not the best...but based in Arlington. They also own Mexican Inn.....send some of that.

Irka

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dsw

btw, GO GIANTS!!!!!! FEAR THE BEARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emily

Spring Creek Sucks! I cannot believe they are saying that's the best in Texas, Pappa's is better, and they are a chain too. How embarassing, but it's not like anyone in California would know what good BBQ was anyway.

Jodee

Spring Creek is the absolute worst BBQ in texas, but texas has the brooms ready to sweep SF under the rug!

Dewey

Victory is the best spice, and I know its going to taste good on BBQ! Fear the Beard!!!!!!! Go Giants!

Maui Girl

Since the Dodgers did not make it............GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!! BOO GIANTS forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam

First off, I don't care about sports one bit, but I am so glad some of my fellow Texans came here to post. I almost laughed when I read Spring Creek BBQ. Spring Creek is a crappy chain - FAR from being the best BBQ in Texas. I'm a self-proclaimed BBQ snob and Spring Creek is passable at best. My husband smokes a brisket that blows Spring Creek out of the water. Dude shoulda put up Shiner & Rahr Star beer. That's laughable that we'd swap crappy chain BBQ for crab, good beer, San Fran sourdough & chocolate.

Frito

Screw the BBQ, send Gavin a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader.

Go Giants!! Go Giants!! Go Giants!!

Gatorfanatic

Giants are gonna get screwed in this deal IF they win! Spring Creek..."the best in Texas" my ass!!

Dave

That's just fine if it's not the best BBQ. In fact, I hope it goes bad in transit and Newsome gets food poisoning. Yes . . . . I like Newsome that much.