Miley Cyrus' Parents

The Marriage is Over

10/27/2010 5:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Miley Cyrus' parents -- Billy Ray Cyrus and Tish -- are calling it quits after 17 years of marriage.

Billy Ray Cyrus divorce.
According to People.com, the couple filed divorce docs in Tennessee yesterday -- citing irreconcilable differences.

Billy and Tish -- who have 5 children together -- released a statement saying, "As you can imagine, this is a very difficult time for our family. We are trying to work through some personal matters. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers."

Story developing...

0709_split_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

mello yello

Wow... So sad to hear. They seemed like such a really cool and together family. Maybe there is hope.

MILO

Man the dude is going through a mid life crisis. I too went through the same and have just got out of it. Infact the girl that I met was 25 and I was 45, needless to say it didn't last. But since then I purchased the car of my dream,that I have fllen in love with. At least I can claim that I can't drive the 300,000 dollar house that I lost to my wife, but I can live in my car.

Lore

seriously? why the suprise? This guy had his day in the sun, absolutely messed it up by fathering child after child out of wedlock and now rides the coattails of his daughter. Why would ANYthing this POS loser does suprise anyone?

kristin

owwwwww boo hoo sucks to b them!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha!!!

the truth

I saw earlier pictures of Tish and she was really quite stunning. I think Miley favors her in the mouth area only; the rest is all Billy Ray. I feel for this family, as I would any family going through this of course. My parents divorced when I was 16 and it affected me in the way of getting away with anything because no one cares what you're doing anymore because the other problems are too big.

I wish Miley the best of everything; who knows, maybe this will ground her and she'll take on a more parental role with her siblings.

Good luck to the Cyrus family.

sal

goody so sad for miley :)
this is wat happens miley all cuz of ur behavior :)
HAHA!!!!!!!

Kristy Manes

I cannot imagine how this guy can blame Disney with a straight face for the choices he made as a father. He alone is responsible for his daughter's career path, his personal fortune FROM his daughter's career path, and any fall-out thereof. Man-up Billy, you did it to yourself!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7