Billy Ray Cyrus Divorce

He Pulled the Trigger

10/27/2010 7:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Billy Ray Cyrus made the first move in his divorce from Tish -- filing divorce papers yesterday in a Tennessee court.

Billy Ray Cyrus divorce.
According to the divorce papers, obtained by TMZ, Billy Ray is asking for "shared" custody of the couple's 3 minor children.

He's also asking the court to "approve a parenting plan" to be signed by both Billy Ray and Tish ... and to make an "equitable distribution of the marital estate."

As we previously reported, Billy Ray chalked up the split to irreconcilable differences.

just bored today

Harvey, look at page 3 - it's interesting that child #3 is just Noah Lindsey with no mention of Cyrus.

mannequin

What a lovely family Miley comes from.
This couple is scientific proof that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Miley was bonked on the head at birth by two hillbillies.

Barbara

By him filing I suspect MaMa Cyrus might have found herself a honey...or maybe, just maybe one of Miley's parents have issue with the pushing of the younger girl into the public eye lately. I think the Mama is the one since she is more involved the wardrobe of the young girl.

Steve

No he can pull a woody allen & marry Miley

that's perfectly legal in TN

andy

Maybe he wants to be officially single, for when Miley turns 18 . . .

Something's not quite "right" between those two!!!

Mike

I have just read the 13 posted comment reguarding the Cyrus family and really don't understand why any of the people making these comments feel the need to be so cruel to another person! I doubt any of them know the Cyrus family. Also I have always found that anyone who is willing to condemn someone else most times should evaluate themselves first.We only get from people what we give,how do you want to be treated?

Tikiman1

Can you say ALIMONY.

Sarafina

I am truly shocked...I thought this one would last. Seriously. Noah is the youngest (age 10)...hope Billy Ray and Tish can be civil with one another in front of her for the next 8 years.

Carl

If they just wait a month Miley will be an adult and they won't have to deal with her and her money and the divorce will be simpler. Although maybe that is why they are doing now...

Kimberly

Sounds to me like there are truly reasonable requests being made. There is a ton of money at stake and there is no sense in giving it all to lawyers. Just because people are getting a divorce, does not mean the end of the world. If you had not read this, you would have barely noticed the earth shaking upon the news. What? No earth shaking for you either??? Happens every day people and lots of us manage quite a bit more civility than we seem to expect from public people. It' ok kids, we are all going to survive. Good luck to all in finding what it is you think you are missing.

Heather

HEY HARVEY!

I bet that this divorce is the reason why when you guys have been getting Miley on video lately she is soooooo "quiet" and "up to something".

I watch every episode every night, and I have seen her go from chitty chatty to a mute in a matter of a month or so......
It would make alot of sense!

Carrie

This one is a shocker. Miley will be just fine; she's got a strong sense-of-self, unlike a Lindsay Lohan or Brit Spears.

John

Another case for not getting married.

rodger

lol. you all have it wrong. Guess who's coming out of the closet/.

Kathy

I'm very surprised. They seemed a very nice couple. Very stable by hollywood standards. Oh well I wish them both the best.