Billy Ray Cyrus Divorce

He Pulled the Trigger

10/27/2010 7:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Billy Ray Cyrus made the first move in his divorce from Tish -- filing divorce papers yesterday in a Tennessee court.

Billy Ray Cyrus divorce.
According to the divorce papers, obtained by TMZ, Billy Ray is asking for "shared" custody of the couple's 3 minor children.

He's also asking the court to "approve a parenting plan" to be signed by both Billy Ray and Tish ... and to make an "equitable distribution of the marital estate."

As we previously reported, Billy Ray chalked up the split to irreconcilable differences.

rocky

Jesus, Some of you mourners better snap out of it! What kind of example are you, anyhow? This is 2 adults who tried, but couldn't make their marriage work. They even went to counseling. And I'm sure they want their children to be strong about it, so enough already with pooor Miley. There are plenty of children less fortunate than Miley who go through this everyday. You all act like someone passed away or something.
I tend to agree with Genial, that Tish is no beauty. Those big bug eyes, geeezzoo wizzzo, scare the tarp out of me. Is that that Graves disease disorder where the eyeballs tend to pop? And she does have a very long & narrow face with a longer ski type nose. Beyond that she needs some meat on her bones. She's like a skeleton.
As for Miley, I thought she was pretty, except for the teeth, which need some cosmetic work to say the least. But, I think she looks somewhat like her father; thank God. And at least she has some weight on her. Tish, though, I seriously wonder if she has thyroid disorder with the sticklike no figure & fish eyes. I think thyroid problems can make you waif thin like that.

Betty Clifton

Never seen this coming. Truly upsetting for all the family.
Miley is not the only child that will be hurt by Billy Ray And
Tish splitting up. I suggest instead of everyone bashing Miley,
why don,t we keep all of them in our prayers. I know that I hope they will work this out.

Susan

I heard Tish is seeing Brett Michaels
Maybe that is why they split up
I can't believe she left Billy Ray for him
I know people who know them personally.........this is what I heard and I think this is the truth.............
I met Billy Ray myself and he is the nicest guy.........
I bet after it's all and done Tish would of wished she had stayed with him and No I don't think Miley is going to turn out like Lindsay she has been raised with family values

amy

Good! Now he and Miley are open to ****!

Kimberly

Seriously, guys? I can't believe you are all saying Miley is going to turn up like a Lindsey Lohan or Britney Spears and in the meantime her parents are getting divorced. Do you know how hard that must be for her? Well, obviously, none of you do except a few because it seems as if no one cares. Well, have a heart. I feel extremely bad for her to be going through the paparazzi, the rumors, the drama, and in the meantime have to deal with the divorce between her parents A LOT of us know about. Poor Miley.

Tammi

If you ask me they should have been married for 2 or 3
years before having any children.And plus they did not
put Jesus first.
And for the 6 children I feel sorry for them.Because they
have been torn apart between 2 parents.
Tammi Dunn

wendy

It is not Billy's fault. Tish was caught having an affair with Brett Michaels from Poison after him and Miley did that song together learn your facts people. All her not him

mark

Miley is a disney girl. disney girls are good girls and she will photograph just fine. She knows she is setting an example for her peers and other fans that respect her.

BSweet

I admit, I've had some snarky comments pop into my head reading this, but come on, people! I really doubt there is incest going on in their family. Seriously?

Now for my snarky comment. Yaaaaay, Hot Daddy and he's available!! Me first!!!

taenesha

this is a said time and thats not even my parents

Laura Jones

I don't think that Miley is goin to go all Lindsey Lohan I think that Miley is goin to keep doing what shes doing and Keep Praying for her parent and I dont think that Lindsey Lohan should be put down at all she just need prayer. All you haters out there that are pretty much goin through the same thing so Just keep praying for her and that is all you can do at this point. The more stupid ass comment on putting her down the more stupid you are.

FilmGuy

In response to: "Men's relationships are like chimps swinging from vine to vine. They don't let go of one till they have a hold of another."

It is COMMON knowledge that SHE cheated on HIM. It is funny that all of you "heyseeds" would think that he was doing this because he wanted, or was already with, someone else. Check your facts before you blurt people. Also, for the record, Tish is a gold-digging loon.

FilmGuy

dawn

I agree with a lot of other people on here all of you making the nasty comments need to stop. All of you know nothing about them other than what you see in entertainment news magazines. People in this country get divorced all the time they just happen to not have their lives in the spotlight. This family is probably a lot like other families other than their celebrity status and I am disgusted with the people who have commented billy ray is sleeping with miley. clean up your sick and cruel minds.

Smug

Miley isn't Lindsay...her parents aren't the idiots Lindsay's are so she won't turn out like that mixed up kid did.

The bigger the fame, the harder it is to live a normal life.
They are under a microscope all the time...it's too bad everyone believes what they see/hear.

All will reveal itself in time.
Those who believed will feel really stupid. Those who didn't believe will feel betrayed.
I just wish people didn't spend so much time obsessing over the demise of someone's family. It's sad when people break up, but especially those who have spent their life together raising children. They suffer from their parent's moronic behavior.