T.I. -- Gettin 'Creamed' By the Prison Chef

10/28/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It ain't The Ivy ... but TMZ has learned T.I. will have a few culinary options when he begins his stint in an Arkansas prison on November 1st -- options that include something called "creamed beef."

1015_TI_EX_TMZ_01

If you recall, T.I. was sentenced to 11 months behind bars for violating his probation, stemming from a federal gun conviction back in 2009 ... but enough history ... here's the prison menu:

Breakfast:

Dinner:
Chicken Patty or Chicken Salad or Grilled Cheese
Baked Potato or Navy Beans or Salad
Hamburger Bun or Wheat Bread

Who's hungry!??

Sarafina

Why so many choices?? They're eating better than me and my family and we're not the criminals!!

Flower

Sounds better than a lot of elderly and other struggling persons eat in this country every day. I don't see any Alpo on the menu.

TexasAnn

We always called it SOS when I was a kid. Brown hamburger meat, add some chopped onion, add a little flour and make it kinda pasty. Pour in some milk (if you have it) or water and stir till thick. Serve over white bread toast.It's poor folks food--stretches a half pound of ground beef enough to serve six.

janet

I doubt prison guards are going to hand out menus. You get what you get.

chicagannie

There's more on his prison menu than my children and I will eat today. Sad.

Katrina

I wish I could afford to eat that well. I'm on my way to Arkansas to start my crime spree!!!!

ABC

You spelled dessert wrong.

kristie

damn, convicts eat better than i do. i knew i should've chosen a life of crime.

Eliot

1. A roof over your head, beddings and your own private toilet.
2. Three complete meals a day with choices.
3. 24-7 security with roaming guards.
What more can a guy asks, thats why I dont see too many bums
around nowadays.

Vera

For those who think that menu sounds good have never been to jail or prison. It only looks good on paper sweety. I was in jail for 14 hours. I had ham, beefstew, bread, a fruit, water, and milk. The ham looked like a large cork (seriosuly, I never seen anything like it), the beef stew looked like throw-up. I only ate the apple and drunk the water and I gave the rest to some crack addict.

imbees2@aol.com

It's called creamed dried beef. AKA s**t on a shingle. It's actually quite good. I grew up on it and still make to this day from scratch. I think it's an East Coast thing. I live in LA and they don't have it here. In "Denny like" places back East, they have on the menu.

imbees2@aol.com

Northerner

hey, i was in prison for three years and let me tell you that the food was G O O D ! ! ! and you got plenty of it. and the best part was all the milk you could drink! mmmmmmm but that was the only good thing about prison.

gwhite

Um from arkansas t.i called us the armpit of america his stay wont be nice this time get u sum ky.

Lisa

Hell chipped beef over toast is the best, I hope TI Isnt complaining. My grandma made the best!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments