Another Oksana Lawyer

Bites the Dust

10/28/2010 4:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oksana Grigorieva has lost another lawyer in the family law case -- Lisa Bloom is substituting out, TMZ has learned.

1018-oksana-lisabloom-ex-getty-01

We don't know exactly why Bloom left the case -- but we're told there were some conflicts between Bloom and Oksana's remaining legal team.  Specifically, we're told over the weekend, Daniel Horowitz was working with Oksana at her home.  Bloom came by and left looking pretty mad.

Bloom tells TMZ, "I still represent her and I have not quit," adding she is just temporarily out of the family law case while she is in Europe speaking at the Climate Change Convention at the House of Commons in London.

Other sources say Bloom is out of the family law case ... period.

fuddyduddy

A lot of people here have been bashing Sweetheart, and those who support Sweetheart have been bashed. BUT, I think all the nay-sayers need to listen to what Sweetheart has said, because I think she is right. The problem is with family lawyers quitting OG. Horowitz hasn't quit OG, and why is that? Horowitz is not a family law attorney. Horowitz is focused on the criminal matters (DV and extortion) and what does not affect those investigations? DNA! He doesn't give a flying flip if DNA proves paternity one way or the other; all he cares about is OG not getting charged with extortion so that he can file a civil suit for damages and collect some big bucks. DNA on the other hand very much affects the family law case and that's where ALL of her attorneys are quitting. I think that once the attorney gets her file and they start reviewing it and getting the true picture of what is really involved; they quit. Who would want to be associated with the biggest lie of all, as kapocta termed it so well? Who would want to be associated with that? And if there is criminal issues surrounding the DNA than any lawyer would jump ship in a New York minute because they would not want to involve with that. The way an attorney handls criminal matters can sometimes dictate discipline from the state bar. I can see how they would not want to be involved. It does take time to review a client's file. Trope wanted to quit after the first week. Lisa had a little time now and she sees what's going on. Jacobs saw the light faster than anyone.

I think Sweetheart is right about this and has been all along. I was skeptical, but not anymore. Maria Ashot was also of the same opinion. I think there is more involved here than we know. If you want to start bashing me, then knock your socks off.

DarrenBeckley

NO attorney wants to be the attorney of record for a Russian skank who is sure to be convicted of Felony Extortion. I can't stand Lisa or Gloria, but this may be a "smart" move on Ms. Blooms' behalf! Oksana...Karma!!

Curious

Bet they find that watch in a damp dark space.....

Posted at 12:39 PM on Oct 28, 2010 by Shell
----------------------------------------------

Yep, fine cup of fresh ground coffee went SPLOOSH!
LMAO

ketjo

Well, I quess she got what she came for and now she's jumping off the wagon before it goes over the cliff. Her momma didn't raise no fooL !!!! I hope the judge laughs in all of them lawyers faces and doesn't give them one red cent.

Oxshanna a word of advice: Right now would be a real good time to sneak down to Malibu and get on your Russian friend boat and get the he!! out of Dodge .

Sincerity

Let's get real! No one who has been following this story for any length of time is surprised. Greedisana obviously is "not paying" her according to their retainer agreement and Mel Gibson can't be billed for Lisa Bloom's services. Attorneys don't usually perform "pro bono" work for "high profile" clients unless there is some very compelling social justice angle attached to their case. Oksana has "undeniably torpedoed" any credibility she may have garnered from the public while Mel Gibson and his legal team has kept quiet per the court mandated restraining order. There's simply "NO GLORY" or "MONEY" attached to defending "Ole Greedy". She's had some of the best attorneys in Hollywood and more than likely she'll have to settle for "the public defender", if she actually qualifies for their assistance. She's the one who set this "BALL OF WOE" into motion and now she just may get run over by it. It couldn't happen to a "more deserving person".

Curious

I can't wait to see what Mr. Harvey has to say about this.

igotfleasfromtmz

Even if she wanted to end this now, I would hope He say's no.
With 50 percent custody his payment will go down.

LISA

So what are the other 36 reasons for the lawyers quitting before
he came along?

Posted at 12:30 PM on Oct 28, 2010 by LISA
------------------------------------------------
She fired them.

Posted at 12:31 PM on Oct 28, 2010 by Curious

__________________________________________________________

OK. What are the 36 reasons she fired them? Was is that they were ALL bad?

Oksana that is a narcissistic sociopath that is out of control. Each
lawyer tried to get a grip on this runaway train, but she's on a
rampage of destruction.

gonesi

maybe their leaving cause instead of playing the piano in her "nightie", she insists they come over and listen to her play 'buck naked'

What ever she's doing to them, it's got to be a dozy!

igotfleasfromtmz

They are like rats all of them, trying to get Mel to the big payoff. He didn't bite they all tried. Now it is up to a Judge.

Muppet

Will the lawyers get paid if that is the one thing Mel's team is asking for is DNA and they won't hand it over??

fuddyduddy

@Azlee...hi there! Hugs to you, BTW. You are a brave soul. :)
Is Maria Ashot back? I posted about why I think Sweetheart is right.

@Curious...hello to you, too! This is funny, but in a way, I understand it better now. I think the deposition will go on. Harvey stated there is a #41, but he hasn't revealed that.

igotfleasfromtmz

Specifically, we're told over the weekend, Daniel Horowitz was working with Oksana at her home. Bloom came by and left looking pretty mad.

Gene

I suspected all along that most of the high profile attorneys are and were doing this stint with Oksana for the public exposure, which makes them media whores. I also think Oksana is sleeping with her lawyer, Mr. Horowitz. Their relationship in public seems to cozy and friendly for a lawyer and his client. Their relationship seems more intimate than business. My lawyer never came to my house to consult me, it was all done over the phone or in his office. Something stinks here.

Curious

Fuddy -

You know I've always entertained the possibility of DNA and paternity not being wholly on the up and up. It can certainly explain why the family attornies have fled lately.

But what about Freid and Levine? They had plugged away for Miss Oksana all summer. Now I'm trying to remember back when there was that agenda posted outside the courthouse - didn't she allegedly fire them around that time? Do you remember what was on that agenda?