Demi Lovato Quits Tour

Enters Treatment Center

11/2/2010 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Disney star Demi Lovato has bailed on an international concert tour with the Jonas Brothers -- and has checked into a treatment center to seek help for "emotional and physical issues" ... TMZ has confirmed through the singer's rep.

1101-demi-lovato-ex-1

In a statement to TMZ, the 18-year-old singer's rep says, "Demi Lovato left her tour early this weekend in order to seek medical treatment for emotional and physical issues she has dealt with for some time."

We're told Demi is not seeking treatment for drug use.

The statement continues, "Demi has decided to take personal responsibility for her actions and seek help.  She is doing just that."

The rep concludes, "[Demi] regrets not being able to finish her tour, but is looking forward to getting back to work in the near future."

Sources close to Lovato tell us the singer was in a physical altercation with a female member of her tour recently ... which was a "catalyst" in her decision to seek professional help.

1101_demi_lovato_footer_V2

lady a

Whoever said she's doing drugs is seriously stupid they even stated it wasn't for that. Whoever wrote negative comments should leave the poor girl alone. She's clearly been through a lot and douchbag comments like some of you wrote wouldn't help her. So if you don't like Demi then you shouldn't even post anything its a waste of time and you look like fools who are going out of their way just to write something nasty. I feel bad for Demi but clearly she's a strong person who is making an effort to get help. And whoever said she clearly just couldn't handle show biz is stupid because i'm sure the reason she checked in to rehab probably had nothing to do with not handling show biz it probably had to do with her life and relationships like any human being. It's obnoxious how people think because people are famous they aren't real people with real feelings and emotions. I think Demi is an amazing person and I hope she gets well soon. So anyone who continues to **** on her and clearly has no life and is jealous of hers.

Mishelle

No, no no. She's not going to be another Britney, Lindsay, ETC. She's emotionally unstable. She's been emotionally distressed since BEFORE she was famous. She's been known as a cutter. I've been a big fan of her's for 4 or 5 years now, she's an idol to me, and I'm her age! She's an amazing person and I'm proud of her for getting help. And just because someone checks into "rehab" doesn't mean that they're alcoholics or drug addicts.

JoeChief

That is just sad man. It really is. I mean at 18 years old and all this pressure is on her? I feel for her. I really do. I mean she's just a kid. I'm sure she'll be ok but I'll pray for her. I really will.

dd

@26 and your point is? He is obviously one of those that CAN handle show biz...he also wasn't 18 when he went to rehab..again what's your point JoeChief?

VolleyballPrincess05

Is it just me or is the blonde hair, over tanned skin, not a good look on her.

Demi Best fan

You people are haters Demi is not on drugs Just pray for her instead of taling trash about her

marie

i don't believe any of this ! these are rumors, until demi says something or someone near her !! and for the haters get a life !
lovatics won't believe this until its confirmed like i said from demi.!

dd

I know you wish her the best but if she really did leave such a HUGE tour she must need help. I don't know what kind but it has to be serious, the record company and management are having a fit right now..I do hope she gets better and can rejoin the some of the tour if her health permits.

bring back recent posts

...I only wish all the other troubled girls who get into difficulties with life had that option, good for her...she is doin the right thing!

erika

i hope she is ok, and that isn't doing drugs or anything, i think she's better than that. <3 u demi.

dd

Right on Dee Dee Russell! So Very Very True.

Amanda

I have a hard time beleving that demi lovato would **** around with her band mates and i doubt your friend went on tour with her

wtf

DEMI LOVATO IS THE NEXT LINDSAY LOHAN WELL ACTUALLY SHE IS NOW LINDSAY LOHAN. Get off Mileys back now.

Phreaky

DING DING DING! We have a winner!

Blind item from March 1, 2010 from CDAN

This A list female tweener from a cable channel recently wandered into a party drunk out of her mind. When she first arrived she ignored everyone else and just sat on the lap of the guy who brought her to the party. She then takes out an eight ball of coke and snorts line after line, not even paying attention to the rest of the people at the party. Some people leave, so there's only about 5 or 6 people left, and she keeps saying how hot she is so she just takes off her shirt, breasts totally exposed. At this point everyone else is kind of like "what in the...."

Anyway a little later on, everyone's still drinking, she gets up on this bunk bed that's in the living room with the guy she came with, on the top bed. She just hikes up her skirt and pulls him on top of her. He asks if she wants a condom and she says "nah, f**k it". They then had sex in front of a room of people.

After having sex, the guy she came with passed out. Our tweener got down off the bunk without even saying anything, did some more lines and left.

dd

@Dee Dee and if your parents don't take charge in regards to your career when you are young you are doomed! (Trust I know)