Demi Lovato Quits Tour

Enters Treatment Center

11/2/2010 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Disney star Demi Lovato has bailed on an international concert tour with the Jonas Brothers -- and has checked into a treatment center to seek help for "emotional and physical issues" ... TMZ has confirmed through the singer's rep.

1101-demi-lovato-ex-1

In a statement to TMZ, the 18-year-old singer's rep says, "Demi Lovato left her tour early this weekend in order to seek medical treatment for emotional and physical issues she has dealt with for some time."

We're told Demi is not seeking treatment for drug use.

The statement continues, "Demi has decided to take personal responsibility for her actions and seek help.  She is doing just that."

The rep concludes, "[Demi] regrets not being able to finish her tour, but is looking forward to getting back to work in the near future."

Sources close to Lovato tell us the singer was in a physical altercation with a female member of her tour recently ... which was a "catalyst" in her decision to seek professional help.

1101_demi_lovato_footer_V2

Kelly

I wonder if John Mayer is part of the reason?!

Demi dated him and he dumped her out of the blue too.
I read that she was "devastated" by it.
Imagine that! Devastated over John Mayer?!

I find it hard to believe that an 18 year old is seeking help on their own...it's possible, just not likely.

Kelly

Even though I made the John Mayer comment, I do hope Demi gets the help she needs and gets better.

Why didn't I get that psychology degree?? Therapists make a killing these days!!

Bill Clay

All these wild speculations are the fault of Demi's publicist. Her PR people should have clearly stated what she was being hospitalized for. Making a vague "health issues" statement just opens the door for people's imaginations to run wild. Unless the truth is just too shocking to admit.

Ghost

WHO?

hb

I believe a whole bunch of blind items just got answered definitively.

Also, you don't get coke bloat from 'emotional and physical issues.' (TMZ photo selection ftw as usual.)

no way

I have first hand knowledge of her behavior. At a meet and greet in Michigan, she treated my daughter so poorly because my little girl asked her why she wasn't smiling and if she was ok. This b*tch tore into my daughter verbally like you wouldn't believe! She told my daughter "why the hell don't you think I'm ok? Of course I'm ok!! " She can go suck one. Spoiled little no name celebrity.

Rob

Pregnant?

TD

---------------------------------------------------

Posted at 4:16 AM on Nov 2, 2010 by no way
---------------------------------------------------

OH PLEASE

As if anyone actually believes you

lindsay

I know what treatment she is in...my mom is in treatment with her.

mannequin

Okay.....well, I wish her the best.
BTW, this is not really news; everyone in Hollywood is doing it.

nora

people are making nasty comments about this girl and there not even in her shoes. don't judge a book by it's cover that's what we have to do not to judge her only god is our judge. get well demi!

ariel

poor demi! i hope she's ok :-( i'm sure she's not in rehab, but i think she wants to be w/ her family. she probably really misses them. i hope that backround dancer gets blamed 4 everthing!

Faith

Good luck Demi!

taylooor

She was cutting her self and had an eating dissorder.

angelica

i so think that this happend because ASHLEY GREENE recently joined the tour.just to follow joe of course not sing in it.and who else would be that " female member of her tour " but who knows.