Michael Jackson's Kids: It's Not Daddy's Voice!

11/1/2010 1:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Michael Jackson album Sony is about to release is a fraud, according to members of Michael Jackson's family.

Michael Jackson new album:
We've learned Sony is determined to release the album for Christmas, and believes the songs are all authentic.  We're told MJ and his kids were in New Jersey when he recorded the tracks with producers in 2007.

Sources tell us Paris and Prince now believe some of the songs on the album are fakes -- not Michael's voice.  Sony, we're told, is convinced all of the songs are the real deal.  Howard Weitzman, lawyer for the estate, tells TMZ he had experts listen to the tracks and all of the experts concluded it's Michael's voice on all the tracks.

Other Jackson family members also believe some of the tracks are phony.  There is a stalemate, although at this point no one is talking lawsuit.

aston

Oh, and please don't feed the trolls, don't reply to the mean and nutty posts. No use. Just scroll by them and stay happy, don't let them influence you in any way.

Scott

Wow your 55 unwell? Your more immature then most 3 year olds. Instead of posting here why not try something constructive like maybe a diet some rogaine and maybe some therapy? Just saying cause your facebook pic screams "Old Man".

Phantom of the Opera

As a follow up to your link phantom as usual tyvm for your link :)
Posted at 12:48 PM on Nov 1, 2010 by Scott

Scott

Dohhhhh ty for fixing that for me phantom my bad.

moni

I do wish that they don't involve the kids in this kind of feuds.

Posted at 12:39 PM on Nov 1, 2010 by FlowerPower
-------------

Hi Flower Power :-),

SO VERY TRUE!

And thanks for posting the Friedman article. Yes, I've read it on the other board and I must say IF it's true it's another chapter out of the Neverending and Unbelievable Story around the life and death of Michael Joseph Jackson.
I don't know whether the children have really been pressured. But you can also sublimely insinuate something to somebody until he/she finally is convinced to have recognized it him-/herself. Not for a second do I believe that it's been the kids' own decision to go public with these alleged doubts – if they feel them at all.
Whoever has involved them into that drama – UGH!

Cathy

Michael voice (both speaking and singing) is extremely distinctive, imo. So many people have been listening to that voice for so many years, that imo, it is hard to fool those familiar with his sound. Kip Lennon did a great job on The Simpsons years ago, but you can still tell it is not Michael's voice. I can't believe Sony would need an audiologist to confirm, but maybe they just did it for legal purposes. As for what the family is saying, maybe there are other motives there. I realize that Sony too, could have monetary motivations. But I say any longtime fan will be able to tell. In the end, I tend to believe Sony - that it is Michael's voice. If they release an album and the majority of fans (or even half of Michael's fanbase) decide it isn't him, they (Sony) will look like utter fools. I doubt they want that. I doubt they'd even risk that.

toni

I love you mj,I miss your voice to make me feel well in this cruel world.I wish I could come with you in your better place angel...

JLS

Michael had significant range in his beautiful voice. I think the kids might not have heard the entire range or remember it accurately. It's wonderful that they care so much about his legacy and having it accurate. They are beyond perfect kids. They have manners most adults don't have. Good job Michael and great job continuing on, Katherine. We love you all.

moni

And the very concept of them being asked to listen and testify makes me ill at ease

Posted at 12:45 PM on Nov 1, 2010 by aston

Me too. I can't figure out that the kids have asked for the tapes and spontaneously cried "No! That's not daddy! No!".
Someone had a plan and an intention to "plant" these alleged doubts into their little heads or to abuse the children as an unknowing mouthpiece. That someone should be ashame. Basta.

And I agree with Cathy. Sony won't take the risk to stand there as the joke of the century. I guess they know what they are doing.

MJFUN4EVER

This is to #5 and # 13 comments you are such a LOSERS and SCAMS and sorry excuse for human beings. I hope you rote in hell.

Debra

Paris is growing up to be a beautiful young lady. She is strikingly beautiful!

Lori

Michael's kids know their dads voice. if they say its a fake then it is. they were around him day in and day out 24/7. we were not!
Sony you need money then use the real stuff!! he made recordings that no one has heard yet. play those. if you play a fake and people find out. you just lost a bunch money. plus people wont trust what you say anymore.

Michael was right, people are on using him for money!!!!!

if you don't like Michael Jackson then stay off. yes, your entitled to your opinion but not when it is just deliberately rude and on purpose. that is just disrespectful.
that is sad.

Cathy

I'm sorry, I'll say it again: I just can't believe Sony would release an album where there was even a HINT of doubt that it might not be Michael's voice. Again, the fans will be able to tell. Michael's voice flooded the airwaves for 40 years. It changed and morphed with age, but it was always distinctive. Even though Kip Lennon and some other impersonators are quite good, I think it's still fairly easy to tell that they aren't Michael. My point? The fans will know. Sony will not risk being publicly humiliated. No how, no way. They must be sure.

Why do the kids say it's not him? IMO, they were convinced to say this by other family members. You have to remember - these kids are still pretty young, and they love the Jackson family. I'm not saying they're knowingly lying, just that they've been convinced. I still think the kids belong with the Jacksons, and that that's where they'll be the happiest. I just think there's some manipulation going on there - manipulation that kids that young and naive maybe cannot decipher.