T.I. Checks Into Prison -- Inmate #59458-019

11/1/2010 5:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

T.I. has officially begun his 11-month stint in an Arkansas prison -- law enforcement sources tell TMZ the rapper checked in "sometime this afternoon."

T.I. Jail:

If you recall, T.I. was sentenced to 11 months behind bars after his drug possession arrest on the Sunset Strip back in September -- an arrest that caused law enforcement officials to revoke his probation stemming from a federal gun conviction back in 2009.

A spokesperson for the prison tells us T.I. will go through the normal process -- which means he'll be processed, pose for a prison photo, and will be given a bunk assignment.

As for the shower issue -- we're told T.I.'s prison has a community shower situation.

We're told T.I. will have access to a television room for general viewing.

T.I. will be issued a standard prison uniform -- khaki trousers, khaki button down shirt and black shoes.

Inmates at the prison can make phone calls -- but they're limited to 300 minutes per month.

Story developing ...

1101_TI_free_footer

Nicole

@joey
T.I initially lied about the pant's not being his and said they belonged to his brother then changed it to a designer but sucks for him when he only got out in March.

bebeblugirl

Hate 2 start something but Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan to name a few famous people have done worse and have been convicted for far more crimes and don't even sit in jail long enough to go to the restroom. That's an eyeopener WTF!!

Barbara

I would like to know who qualified rapping as music.... really

MsPhoenix

You can always depend on TMZ's racist commenter to raise their heads. So of these comments I know would never be said out loud in public.

I really don't under stand how he gets an additional 11 months, when Lindsey does the same thing, even felled to show of for court dates and gets rehab.

Nicole

@MsPhoenix

Lindsay was facing a year max and her probation is ****ed up.
She isn't even on probation for the drug charges anymore they were dismiised she is just on probation for the 2 DUIs and reckless driving.

T.I was facing years and was out on supervised release.
Lindsay only got supervised probation because of the crazy July 6th sentence

kromen

For those in the cheap seats, he was on FEDERAL charges. Hence, serving time in Arkansas. If it was a state matter, he might have gotten a break, but the Federal courts don't play.

Taurusta

I am very disappointed with T.I. went he was on the Larry King Show I was really pulling for him and now - he turn around and do this s**t. Lock his a**up. As for his wife I guess none of them were thinking about their children. I use to watch her show on BET but now - BET just needs to name it the Toya's Show.

pete

i hope you rot, you ****.

pete

i hope you rot, you jerkwad.

Whatever

OMG #2 poster "WriteNow" please get an education. You look ridiculously without a clue calling this situation out as "misogyny in our court systems." To set you on the correct English path, misogyny is the hatefulness of women. It has nothing to do with T.I., Charlie Sheen or their dumb ass problems. The court's are probably keeping a brother down. That's about right. Or drug addicts like Lindsay Lohan, a different color, get a soft tap off to rehab, when others do prison time. Hell, I have no idea what you're trying to say after all.

Meh

You can't compare his charges with lilo or anyone else...TI rolled the dice on Federal charges...that's no joke and he found out the hard way. Even with his money and legal team, the federal court system plays hard...ask the Mafia.

Amanda

So I guess T.I. won't be able to do whatever he likes...

Diane

T.I.did a misstep but the sentence is incorrect. Maybe community service.T.I. fell down but he got back up. T.I. is in a hit movie, employing people during these economic times, talked a would be jumper down to safety. Isn't that reabilitation?! Let's put the real crooks in jail, The ones on Wall Street and in Congress. Free T.I.!

Rockmelon

And who was the victim? Actually, IS there a victim? He used drugs in HIS body and he's going to prison? That sucks! If they go after the dealers and prosecute them, then we will actually be doing something!!

Tres

"perhaps the 5th grade moron can use the time to study real music rather that that s h i t that passes for music in the ghetto nowdays. I can remember when negro musicians were the best and actually made music for the ages - today, it's just gangster crap, bad verse and no-talent thugs like this little punk pretending to be musicians."

Black musicians(not negros*sigh*)are still the best. Unfortunately,that isn't what your sons and daughters want to hear. They are the ones buying this stuff,so who can blame the rappers? Blame the white kids.

Anyhoo,T.I is a complete moron. I feel no sympathy for this fool.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments