Mel Gibson's Deposition and the Phantom Fist

11/3/2010 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oksana Grigorieva's lawyer accused Mel Gibson during his deposition Monday of clenching his fist ... but the judge ruled there was absolutely no proof it happened.

1101_mel_gibson_EX_Getty_02
Here's what we know ... The deposition got so contentious and loud among the lawyers ... people in the office building heard the noise.  Sources say at one point, Oksana's lawyer, Daniel Horowitz, accused Mel of winking at him -- a comment the judge promptly struck from the record.

Horowitz then said on the record ... he believed Mel clenched his left fist.  Again, the judge struck the comment from the record.

What's interesting ... the proof is in the video, which was rolling during the whole depo.  But as far as we know, there's no evidence Mel clenched it.

110210_oksana_video_tmzAnd speaking of video ... we got some of Oksana yesterday ... and she claims she maintained her cool during the depo.

garnet

I think there's only a few things too low for Horowitz. He probably had a hidden camera and is busy editing it by making Mel wink and raise a fist. ;-)

rg1

To those of you who might have never been deposed, it's a formal event with a stenographer present. Some respect for the attorneys, judge and the process is required. I cannot imagine anyone winking at anyone in this venue. It's just incredibly wrong.

Posted at 1:38 AM on Nov 3, 2010 by JLS
**********
Probably why Mel didn't wink.

Horrowitless is a whiny crybaby.

Cindy

Thank You Judge. Actually nobody even has any idea if this psycho woman didn't drug him surely someting took place which she never showed on her recordings. The new oksana supporters on here prolly sent by her lawyers keep ignoring all this woman's lies and contridictions. And that so called recording after the fact doesn't admit to crap it could have been he accidentally hit her with an elbow or i'd be more inclined to believe she did that to herself because the damage to her face was missing from a slug to the face. Evidence just was not there. Her constant changing elaborate stories are disgusting it's pretty amazing how Mel is holding his cool during all this, gotta make you wonder what took place to anger him so.

Robin

You're kidding...right?

Genna

@Shyone Thank you for that story...too funny! "For MG not to lose his temper in a long deposition shows a great deal of emotional control." I'm sure this was not lost on either "Vitzy" or the judge, and that OG's presence there was also meant, in part, to rattle Mel. It would appear that their plan backfired in this respect, as well as the false claims of Mel showing his fist or winking. Can Vitzy and OG do anything more to alienate themselves? (Lol.) But I will say that I can see Mel winking, which I think is delightful...especially if he is winning a series of points during the depo.

Genna

Mornin Team Mel; hugs

Genna

Posted at 3:16 AM on Nov 3, 2010 by Cindy

---------------------------------------

Hi Cindy. I agree. I wouldn't have been able to keep my cool 100% sitting across from these apparent vultures. As far as the "evidence" is concerned, I believe that OG was advised months ago by her "lowers" that the tapes probably would not be admissible, and that is why she leaked them to ROL.

Genna

Posted at 3:47 AM on Nov 3, 2010 by Genna

-------------------------

Oops...meant to say, that the tapes probably would not be admissible and were placed under a gag order, which is why she leaked them to ROL. Mel refused to play ball with her.

Sincerity

Posted at 1:38 AM on Nov 3, 2010 by JLS

@shyone (post #56)

Thank you very for your insightful story. The more JLS talks, the more I'm convinced that she's not really who she pretends to be. I've been involved in depositions and my experience mirrors your observations much more accurately.

When "COMPETENT" attorneys actually have something to work with, they're usually "very cordial" and they know how to get right down to business "WITHOUT THE THEATRICS". They're much more focused upon using the evidence at their disposal to strengthen their client's arguments with precise questioning. If "EMPTY GRANDSTANDING" is all Mr. Horowitz has to offer as a defense then Greedisana is TOAST!!! Mr. Horowitz's preliminary "fishing expedition" probably netted him nothing significant and "the theatrics" were all he had left. If she's indicted, her criminal trial is going to be "AN ABSOLUTE HOOT"!!! I hope they televise it!!!

shyone

Genna

Posted at 1:38 AM on Nov 3, 2010 by JLS
**********
Probably why Mel didn't wink.

Horrowitless is a whiny crybaby.

Posted at 3:16 AM on Nov 3, 2010 by rg1

-----------------------------------

Lol. Winking is so incredibly not "incredibly wrong" given the contentious behavior on the part of both clients and attorneys in many depositions. JLS is just posturing with more nonsense. Even if Mel did, for Vitzy to whine abut it is just plain lame and shows he is worried about losing. He is the most disingenuous lawyer-showboat I've seen in a very long time.

And it's not surprising to hear about things "getting loud" between attorneys at this depo. How many lawyers have resigned OG as a result of the constant arguing and bickering with Horowitz?

Bubba

@ shyone

"I forgot one salient detail of my depo story -- my height -- in heels I reach about 5'3".

Posted at 4:01 AM on Nov 3, 2010 by shyone"

I bet you winked at him! No wonder he lost it. :-)

Genna

Posted at 3:56 AM on Nov 3, 2010 by Sincerity

-----------------------------------------

Is JLS pretending to be an attorney? (Lol...now that is funny.) I read another nonsense comment from JLS about invoking the 5th Amendment...sounded like the info was obtained from Wikipedia.

gonesi

He mentally assaulted him with his wink ha ha

Posted at 1:06 AM on Nov 3, 2010 by hellnurse
................................

No doubt they wanted it on the record that with a wink, Mel was trying to mentally seduce Horrowitz. Just like he vebally raped Oksana on the tapes! ha ha

Mel is running loose all over LA mentally seducing men and verbally raping women!

gonesi

Let's see.... Mel's lawyer is a lady right? And Horowitz was yelling at her? THAT'S EMOTIONAL ABUSE ISN'T IT?????

Posted at 1:35 AM on Nov 3, 2010 by Bubba
////////////////////////////////

Well according to Oksana's herself, in her People interview, it is emotional rape!