New Michael Jackson Tracks -- Real or Phony?

11/3/2010 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Two of Michael Jackson's children are adamant -- some of the soon-to-be released MJ song tracks are frauds.

1102_michael_jaCKSON_GETTY_EX
As we have been reporting, Sony will be releasing a Michael Jackson album before Christmas, featuring 10 - 12 original tracks.  We're told 5 of the tracks were recorded at the New Jersey home of record producer Eddie Cascio

Michael and his kids stayed at Cascio's family home for 4 months in 2007, when the tracks were recorded, along with remixes that were released on the Thriller 25 Album.

The Jackson family believes the Cassio tracks in question were fakes -- sung by a Michael Jackson sound-alike.  We're told Prince says he was upstairs at the Cascio's house when many of the tracks were recorded and was able to hear the music, and none of what he heard matches the Sony tracks.

We're also told Paris is "adamant" -- she does not believe her dad's voice is on the tracks in question.

But the estate claims there are sound experts who say conclusively the tracks are the real deal.

People connected with the Sony project believe the kids are being "manipulated" by Katherine Jackson and other family members who don't want the album released.

chuly

The problems are easy to understand. Like Roger Friedman wrote: "Meantime, I reported that there were fewer known unreleased Michael Jackson tracks than anyone realized. Many conversations with Michael's long time engineer Bruce Swedien resulted in this fact: this would be no Jimi Hendrix situation. (So when the Cascio tracks were revealed, everyone should have been jumping for joy.)

mj fan forever

Katherine and family members say that!! They have the whole interest to hamper the realase of the album because money is not destinated to end in their pockets and have no scruple to manipulate three innocent children!! It's children's money!! SHAME ON YOU!!!

Missy

Get over it people MJ was not a molester.If his own children say it's not his voice,I'm more likely to believe them over sony.

janicebyrne

Katherine may, or may not, be manipulating Michael's children but one thing is for sure, Old Joe is STILL manipulating Katherine. As for Sony...I'd never trust them to tell the truth if there's money (BIG money) involved.

MiMi

Will.I.Am says new Michael Jackson album is a Bad idea

"Finally, one man has the moral fortitude to turn down big money and protect Michael Jackson's legacy – and it's the auteur behind I Gotta Feeling. Black Eyed Peas' Will.I.Am, who collaborated with Jackson before his death, has criticised plans to release the singer's unfinished music. "He wouldn't have wanted it that way," Will.I.Am said. "Freaking parasites!"

Will.I.Am first collaborated with Jackson on 2008's 25th-anniversary reissue of Thriller, producing remixes of The Girl Is Mine, Beat It and Pretty Young Thing. The Black Eyed Peas frontman later joined R Kelly, Ne-Yo and Akon as one of several musicians contributing to Jackson's comeback album. Frank DiLeo, Jackson's manager, recently cited Will.I.Am's songs among the list of unreleased tracks that could appear on a new Jackson compilation, due in November. If included on the posthumous release, Will.I.Am would earn a fortune in royalties."

"So what?" Will.I.Am said. "How much can you suck from [Michael's] energy? ... What's wrong with what he already contributed to the world?"

www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/aug/04/will-i-am-michael-jackson

Sunshine

Is his nose real or fake?
Is his hair real or fake?

Mee

PHONY,
children tell the truth

BarbieJean

TMZ and Sony creating BS stories to hype up the album? Cause I have yet to see or hear Michael's kids or any family member say ANYthing about this. Prove to the fans that Prince and Paris are making these claims Harvey! Can you? And while you're at it Harvey, give us fans a lil peekyloo at one of these alleged phony tracks. You always got a hold of other tracks that were not supposed to be released, why not now? hmmm..

aston

Impossible to say for an outsider what's true or not in this story. But it seems very odd that Sony wouldn't use any of the real tracks that Prince heard being recorded. If Michael was there and did recordings (which no one seems to deny), why would an impersonator be used by the Cascios? I don't believe Michael was lousy in every take they made som they couldn't use them - I don't think he was lousy at all.

Also: He did not take copies of the tapes with him when he left?

There is something very odd in all this.

dizzydiana

To all of you who mock Michael Jackson
How many people of the world has had plastic surgery,how many wear wigs,hairpieces etc etc
Are you the type of people that would see a less fortunate person than yourselves make remarks about how they were dressed.Would you be that person that walks behind someone who is lame mimicing them? are you perfect in every way.........check yourself then check again then do one.

aston

Thanks for the Will.I.Am clip, MiMi!

""I don't think that should ever come out," the musician, producer and songwriter told the Associated Press this week. "How you gonna release Michael Jackson when Michael Jackson ain't here to bless it? ... That's bad." Referring to Jackson as his friend, Will.I.Am said the late singer was a perfectionist who oversaw every aspect of his recordings. "Now that he is not part of the process, what are they doing? Why would you put a record out like that?""
----

He is right! The This is it song at the end of the movie didn't bode well for other MJ demo taped songs being arranged by anyone else but Michael himself.

Lee lee

Thanks for the Will.I.Am clip, MiMi!

----

Posted at 6:12 AM on Nov 3, 2010 by aston

I agree Aston.....there was a reason alot of this material was UNRELEASED!!!.....thats because Michael wasn't happy with the final product. I am a huge MJ fan , but I don;t think the release of "This is it "was the best move ever.!! I agree with Will.I.am..................Michael released a lifetime of music...can't we be happy with that????

Kathy

I am so tired of people worrying about whether Michael's nose was real or fake or whether his hair was real or fake. What is your trip on this? He is still the greatest entertainer there ever was and a beautiful person inside and out. I don't care if his skin is green with purple stripes or has an elephant's nose and is bald or wears wigs. He is and will always be The King Of Pop and there is no one that will ever take that away from him. Also he is a beautiful human inside and out. Like he said when he was young "I Got A Heart As Big As Texas" He wasn't lying and all these haters are just so jealous it is pitiful. Do something great like Michael did so many times and maybe your jealousy sickness will go away. I will pray for you that it does. I love you Michael Jackson. Always have and always will. "It's All For Love. L.O.V.E."

Lee lee