Oprah to Joe Jackson: Take the Hint ...

11/2/2010 9:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

When Oprah Winfrey visited the Jackson family at their compound in Encino, CA -- she made sure there were just enough chairs at the table for the people she was interested in talking to ...

1102_oprah_jackson_AP

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

my opinion

Earline- GREAT Post

RIP MJ

Love the Jackson's

PEACE, LOVE, KINDNESS & RESPECT makes for a better world for US ALL

lynne

It's JOE JACKSON who has always manipulated that family and continues to do so. The blame lays squarely on his shoulders. Katherine is and always has been his puppet--don't argue with me on this one as past actions speak for themselves, and over many years. JOE JACKSON has been poison to that family's emotional well-being. It is a catch-22 because in spite of all this, if it were not for Joe Jackson, we would most likely have never shared the joy of his musical family. I pity them their private hells. It is time he was PUT OUT TO PASTURE!!! Most of the adult kids seem to have done this quietly and with dignity--especially Janet. Time for Katherine to do the same. Time for someone to protect Michael's kids from him!!!!!

Muffy

Um, I just seen a clip of him sitting down.

Vana

Of course there was no seat for Joe Jackson. He don't live there! He only comes around when he needs money. Guess he needed money that day. I hope this is the last we see of MJ's children. Leave them alone after this please! No more media coverage of MJ's kids.

TIA

ONE-OPRAH,YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING,THIS IS MJ'S FAMILY AND KINGDOM AND YOU WERE FOR THE ACCUSATIONS AGAINST MJ..AND NOW U WANT TO INTERVIEW JUST FOR YOUR SHOW. AND THEY ARE WEARING BLUE 0_0 HMMM,I SEE...BUT COULD THIS GET ANY MORE CLEAR? NOSYS...

justthinkn

A Letter for Michael

Tom’s last appearance on Oprah was June 23, 2005, during his promotional period for the film War of the Worlds. His couch jumping incident, however, stole the show.
After Cruise “ couch jumping” his career almost faded from the Hollywood scene . It was a over the top move that even left Oprah in disbelief. However five years after he shocked the nation with is ov
er-exuberant appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show, Tom Cruise was allowed back to Oprah Show to explain why he jumped on her couch, and to beg for his career back. And as so many hand picked stars that careers was vanishing, appearing on the Oprah Show brought them back into existence.

For many, many years I watched Oprah and adored her, and I still do. I will never forget the great work that she has done for this world. She came and she conquered. And is still kicking ass. When I think of her in the ranks of Sojourner Truths and Coretta S. King, my heart chimes with the love and respect that I have for her.

It was not until Janet Jackson was on her show in 2006 that I just could not take it any more. Oprah continued to invite Janet, and talk in circles of the Jackson family, but she was determined not to have Michael Jackson on her show. It was clear to his fan, that he would not ever get to revise his career on her “infamous” couch . I would have thought she would at least allow him to address allegations of the molestation charges, that so many of us knew was not true.

Now that Michael is supposedly “dead,” Oprah just seems to not get enough of the Jackson family. The visit to Michael’s mother, this “date” with Jackie Jackson? What??? Do you think Oprah conscience is finally eating her. If not, it should. That is where I part was with Oprah, Oprah knew that she owed the world a chance to get his story out on her show. But she meticulously and maliciously refused Michael Jackson a chance. Had he not had to go through so much defending the beast of his celebrity that she most likely knows all to well, he would be here today.

I am so hurt and mad at Oprah. Janet should be, also. But the Jackson’s are such fame whores they do not care about anything else, as long as they get their names out there( on the tail of Michael, as usually). Stop Oprah for running your brother name in the ground she did not try to help him when he was here, WHAT”S HER POINT NOW!!!!!!!

Every time I think about Michael and the way Oprah did him I cry all over again. He deserved a chance just like Tom Cruise. I do not like feeling this way, but it is what it is.

Casey

Did anyone stop and think that maybe Michael's kids WANTED to do this? During the interview, Paris was very open and honest. Maybe she WANTED to talk and be interviewed. It's just like at the Grammys. Maybe the kids WANTED to accept his lifetime achievement award! Especially considering he thought of them as his greatest achievement in life!

Everyone on this stupid site who talks about "exploitation" needs to SHUT UP!

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12