Cirque du Soleil -- Michael Jackson Immortalized

11/3/2010 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Cirque du Soleil is unveiling the images that will drive what could be the biggest show under the big top ever -- driven by Michael Jackson's music ... and TMZ got hold of the image that will drive the production.

1103_mj_poster_EX

The world tour is a partnership between the MJ Estate and Cirque -- each sharing 50% of the profits.  It will kick off in the Fall of next year in Canada, and work its way south to the US of A.

The show will end up with a permanent home at the MGM Mirage hotel in Las Vegas -- probably in late 2012. Cirque has already released sketches of what the show will look like.

1103_michael_jackson_set_sketches_launch
110410_michael_jackson_video2This project -- unlike some others -- got the thumbs up from Katherine Jackson.

Previous 15 Comments | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14

moni

Hi Butterfly,

grr, the video mess... The system is clear, they only block these with Michael's original music in the background.

However, thank you for the beautiful videos you've posted, I loved the "Beautiful in my Eyes" one. And yes, somewhere over the rainbow Michael has hopefully found some peace and is reached and warmed by all the love his fans feel for him.

Pina

I cannot wait!!! I love Michael Jackson and will see the tour and will also fly out the Vegas when the show premiers there. Long Live the King!!!

FlowerPower

I'm so jealous all of you who has tickets to this show. I really really want to see it:-(
------------------------------------
please tell me this show is coming to Ireland
Posted at 4:58 PM on Nov 4, 2010 by Ger

I'm so with you Ger, I suppose if we in Europe want to see it, we would have to go to London.

Helene

Does itcome to Scandanavian? I really want to see this, but I live in Norway :(

dd

The commercials in Vegas ARE AWESOME!!!!

Daphne

About the Cirque show, just wondering if there will be a DVD of the show released in the future. This would be nice. Maybe the estate would even consider having the show shown on television across Europe & Asia. I'm sure it could/would receive the highest TV ratings. Now, that would be very nice.

Jade

The show is called
Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour Cirque Du Soleil
Is it coming to AUSTRALIA why weren't we included in the list too.
It does say WORLD Tour.
Michael and Cirque Du Soleil Fans would LOVE to see the show too.
PLEASE remember us downunder.

Daphne

The show is called
Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour Cirque Du Soleil
Is it coming to AUSTRALIA why weren't we included in the list too.
It does say WORLD Tour.

Posted at 4:21 AM on Nov 8, 2010 by Jade

The show will have a permanent home in Vegas & as we all know, people from around the WORLD go to Vegas, so there, people from different parts of the WORLD could go & see the show at a theatre in one of the MGM properties. I luv Cirque shows. U should go & enjoy it in Vegas. We have to travel to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada to see the show. Looking forward to it.

Alex Krasky

Hi Guys. I am sure You all heard of incoming Show : Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour, I am an Artist liveing here in Las Vegas. Check out my link and see how I get ready for this Show:

And these are all Michael Jackson Gallery I ve created:

Have a good day guys. Alex Krasky

Alex Krasky

I think it will be one of the most biutifull shows on Earth. I have drawn several Paintings devoted to this Great Man. I am in process of Painting the other Portrait of Him and Cirque Du Soleil now. Here is the link to my Gallery:

Paula

Just returned home from cirque du soleul michael Jackson in Seattle, AMAZING! I would pay double to see it again. I could not believe my eyes and ears...Bravo! Fantastic tribute to the late artist...RIP Michael

Audrey

My husband and I went to Mandalay in Las Vegas Tuesday night to see the show; we were very disappointed. The show did not live up to the same Cirque du Soleil standard of the other shows we've seen. The music was great of course, but way toooo loud, even with the earplugs we put in our ears. The frequent flashing strobe lights made it difficult to see at times. Why do they think "loud" and "flashing" is entertaining?? It's not! My husband couldn't stand it and left after four numbers; I lasted a little longer, but finally left early as well. Until this show, we hadn't seen a Cirque show we didn't like.

Previous 15 Comments | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14