Cirque du Soleil -- Michael Jackson Immortalized

11/3/2010 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Cirque du Soleil is unveiling the images that will drive what could be the biggest show under the big top ever -- driven by Michael Jackson's music ... and TMZ got hold of the image that will drive the production.

1103_mj_poster_EX

The world tour is a partnership between the MJ Estate and Cirque -- each sharing 50% of the profits.  It will kick off in the Fall of next year in Canada, and work its way south to the US of A.

The show will end up with a permanent home at the MGM Mirage hotel in Las Vegas -- probably in late 2012. Cirque has already released sketches of what the show will look like.

1103_michael_jackson_set_sketches_launch
110410_michael_jackson_video2This project -- unlike some others -- got the thumbs up from Katherine Jackson.

Daphne

WORLD TOUR! MY ASS.... since when are canada and usa the world....

Posted at 7:55 AM on Nov 3, 2010 by WTF

This is just the start. It will have a permanent home in Vegas (millions of people from around the world go to Vegas) & there, they will see the show. U shouldn't go, with a name like yours, u won't enjoy it anyways.

FLSTF

With a $350 to $450 a seat price, I'll pass.
That wasn't even front row seats!

Siggisis

This is great news and will certainly be a fantastic show. I hope zillions of people are going to watch it. But personally, I won't find the heart. Michael's music, Michael's dance moves – not performed by him, but by different artists in his costumes (how brilliant they may be) – that hurts me almost physically.

And I'm so sad that nobody was interested to stage such a spectacle in Michael's honor when he was alive. I guess he himself had not even dared to perform in Las Vegas, for fear of demonstrations in front of the casino doors. It was for more than one reason that he chose London for TII.

Posted at 11:28 AM on Nov 3, 2010 by moni

My feelings exactly. I guess I am not over Michael´s untimely death yet. The abominable injustices in his life. The unfairness! Can´t stand it. I don´t feel like celebrating - even though I am sure it will be a great show. The scenograpy on the photos looks cool. I just can´t be happy about it.
Michael should have been there. He shouldn´t have been hounded to an early grave. His killer is still walking the streets, still working as a doctor.

:-(

baby

nice...... any one gonna pass out jesus juice for the child molesters?

FlowerPower

Barb A and other nice people -
never mind the ones who are only here to cause pain. They'll try to tease and anger you enough so you will answer, but just ignore them. They are not here to discuss anything in earnest. All the right info about Michael is out there and has been published on TMZ in comments hundreds of times, no need to do it again. They are some kind of sociopaths who think that believing MJ was wicked will somehow make them happy. The truth is not of interest to them. So don't let them disturb your peace of mind.
Posted at 12:24 PM on Nov 3, 2010 by aston
Good post Aston and you are so right!
If you check the previous posts about Michael, first ones to post are these sociopaths.
Same ol' same ol' nonsense in every posts.

Jessica

Got my pre sale tixs this morning for san jose and they where not cheap!

Daphne

Posted at 12:54 PM on Nov 3, 2010 by Siggisis

MJ met with the owner of Cirque du Solei in Montreal & discussed about the project. Unfortunately, he passed away before anything came to fruition. It was in the works. In Alberta, the show will be in Edmonton & hubby will purchase tickets tonite as we're Cirque members. Can't wait. I always enjoy Cirque shows.

karlew

@TXluvsMJ2

You're suggestion that people only read and have opinions about things they find pleasant is kind of disturbing. I'm sorry but the entire concept of the western world is based on debate and an exchange of differing opinions. To only encourage positive feedback to any subject is courting autocracy. Maybe you are content to only deal with issues and events that are pleasant for you but I choose to be live in the real world and look at and discuss things I find distateful. And yes I find Michael Jackson and this weird kind of cult that has built up around him to be distateful. But if nothing else from a purely socio- anthropological view it's quite fascinating.

I should also point out that again a Jackson supporter has stooped to personal insult when confronted with a differing opinion. I believe you said "Then people like Barb(and myself) wouldn't be thinking evil thoughts about you." "Evil thoughts" Really? Over my opinion of a stranger to you. Again I wish you no ill will because of your belief, why do you wish me ill for mine?

Siggisis

Posted at 1:14 PM on Nov 3, 2010 by Daphne

Daphne, I hope you will have the best experience of your life! And that goes for everybody else who is planning to see the show too. I am quite sure the show will be more than worth seeing!
Just my feelings, ya know. :-)

Maybe in a few years I will go to Vegas to see it.

musiclover_671

Ha! Got tickets to see the show which seems cool though i'm going to have to wait till 2010!

MONIKA

would love to go see Cirque in honor of Michael

pity that you can not go see it!
Does not it could also bring to Brazil?

~*~L.O.V.E~*~

November 4
Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena - Yay Vancouver. I'm gonna be there for suree.

It's exactly a year and a day away im sooo excited.

Barb.A.

I just got back so here is my replies and then I am taking aston advice and not saying anymore on the matter.

karlew, you are entitled to your opinion and I don't have a problem with the people who don't like MJ or even think he was guilty. What I have a problem with is people running off at the mouth only to cause pain and frustration to those who do like MJ and those who intend to hurt his kids. If you don't like him and can voice your opinion in a respectable way to me or others without resorting to name calling and making fun of me or others then I can respect your opinion. If you can't then your a hateful person who only cause's more trouble and I personally have no use for those types of people. BTW. your last post, first paragraph was respectful.

tink981, you didn't just voice your opinion. You were being nasty with the underlying innuendo's. You could have just said "well I don't like him because I believe he was guilty and I won't support anything with his name on it." and left it at that.

moni

Hi Siggisiss,

glad I'm not alone with my feelings :-(

And I second you in wishing everybody a GREAT evening who's gonna watch the show. I'm so glad for Michael and I'm sure that he'd have felt SO proud. But it should be HIM on stage, or at least should he be there to experience what they will stage in his honor.

Miss him so terribly much!

J

It'll end up permanently be at Mandalay Bay, replacing The Lion King, NOT at the MGM Mirage!