David Cassidy -- I Did NOT Drive Drunk!

11/4/2010 11:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David Cassidy is adamant that he was NOT hammered on booze when he got behind the wheel in Florida last night ... and says he plans to fight the DUI charges.

1104_cassidy_david_EX_Getty_02

David's rep, Jo-Ann Geffen, tells TMZ ... the former teen idol admits he did take a pain pill for his back earlier in the day -- and may have been tired from an early morning funeral he had to attend -- but he definitely wasn't drunk.

Cassidy is also disputing the results of the two breathalyzer tests he took at the time of arrest -- in which he blew a 0.139 and 0.141 -- insisting his true blood alcohol content was not properly measured.

Cassidy's rep tells us the actor is already on the hunt for a lawyer and plans to fight the charges adding, "He would never jeopardize anyone on the road and he would not have been driving had he not had to go to a funeral ... he's never been arrested in his life before for anything."

SSinOC

He doesn't want to admit he's on the alcoholism slippy slope. Face the music and stay sober.

KenzieQ

Drowsy driving is JUST as dangerous as drunk driving. If you know you're drifting off the road you should pull over and take a nap. Seriously.

Me

Well, yeah, when I'm driving, I always have a half-empty bottle of bourbon in the car. Doesn't everyone?

More likely scenario: Jack Cassidy has passed down a love of drink, and David's a liar. And oh yeah, the older my teen idol David gets, the more he gets those "old pretty boy" looks from his dad. Ew.

Me

Well, yeah, I know that when I'm out driving, I often keep a half empty bottle of bourbon in the car. Doesn't everyone?

More likely scenario: Jack Cassidy has passed down a problem, and my teen idol David Cassidy is a liar. Oh, and the older David gets, the more I see Jack's old pretty boy looks in him. Yuck.

HGuzman5

Let me get this straight he blew .139 and .141?? WOW!!! Everyone's got an excuse and I am really sick and tired of people trying to always blame something or someone else for their sorry pathetic lifes! And if it really was the pain killer he took then again he should have not been driving!

CGS

Dan

Maybe he was just rehearsing for his part to play his father in a new play. Put down the cigarette David!

CGS

What an idiot. It isn't going to be that inaccurate. It doesn't matter anyway, if you are impaired, then you are impaired to drive, period. Man up, you liar!

janet

Cassidy, was busted for a DUI. Cassidy was nice and the police was nice. Cassidy is still busted. The Police were just doing their job.

Cassidy, blew 0.139 his initial breath. Wait about an hour 0.141. In addition the bourbon bottle in his car.

Cassidy doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Jake

I have a friend who knows this guy. Says he's a typical celeb A**H*LE who believes he's entitled to everything. That list must include a get out of jail free card like most celebs feel entitled to...and sadly, too often get...

tuffsheet

David...I have news for you! If you plead out you'll make out better. These cops know how to do it and make it stick. And here's the other thing...in Florida its the number of arrests for DUI's and NOT convictions! So you will lose your license! Don't worry, there are plenty of attornies that will take your money....

mickymanatiso

yell rehab and they will let you go. You are a celeb you have that right use it.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Noooooooooo! Not good guy David! Thought he'd be the shining example for the rest of them. Well, there's always Barry Williams...

CAROL

I don't recall Jack Cassidy getting a DUI.
Jack gave his car up and walked home when his alchohol level was .12. This was when the Alcohal level was .10.
Stop blaming this on Jack. People in David's life never let David get the help he needs.
This is you his family, fans etc..

fletcher

Gives a whole new meaning to : COME ON GET HAPPY!