Miley Cyrus -- Bilingual Underage Drinking ... Sorta

11/5/2010 12:33 PM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

With her parents in the middle of a divorce, underage Disney pop princess Miley Cyrus, 17, threw back a Corona cerveza at a club in Madrid, Spain last night ... where the legal drinking age is technically 18 -- but there's a catch.

media_removed_tmz
TMZ contacted several Spanish authorities who each confirmed the law ... and then made it clear that underage drinking is simply no big deal in their country.

One police officer told us ... people as young as 16 are cool to consume "certain" beverages in Madrid -- but the cop refused to explain what those beverages are.

In that case: Salud!

1105_miley_london_performance_footer

DANIEL

She is legal in spain!

Kim

For heaven's sake, it's perfectly legal in Spain, what the hell is the problem? I know that I've been going abroad on a regular basis since I was 13, to places where the drinking age was far below 21. I had a glass of wine or a beer or two, and since it was perfectly legal, I was doing nothing wrong. I am now 22, and I still do not consume alcohol on a frequent basis, and have never tried an illegal substance in my life. Give Miley a break, she isn't breaking the law, she's doing nothing wrong.

Danielle

She should know better than that, because she is an idol for young girls and she's known world wide. Plus she knows everyone is taking her picture. Disney should fire her. Adults sign morality clauses she should have one too. Who's her chaperon they should get fired as well.

Jay

Well she had a good run of sobriety...now her major problem is deciding which treament facility she'll want to end up at. Why does she sound like Joan Rivers?!

Fran

WOW! Is she crying out for attention!

eyecandy

uh oh i sense another lindsay lohan trainwreck

lost grrl

I really do not see the big deal here. First of all the legal drinking age should be 18 in the US...people are allowed to smoke and go off to war and they should be able to drink. On top of that when you are in another country you follow that country's law. I was 16 when I was in France and had no problem being served any type of alcohol.

Bubbles The Chimp

Just to let idiot TMZ staffers know, USA law does not take precedence over another country's law. Don't be so arrogant to think that.

Jess

She is totally gonna be the next Spears or Lohan ... I feel bad for the generation that is idolizing her and def glad I dont have a daughter that looks up to her thats for damn sure!

Bill F. Murray

*** I SAY GIVE HER JAGERMEISTER WITH A CHERRY IN IT ***

Posted at 9:57 AM on Nov 5, 2010 by AJLind
----------------------------
It'd be the first time she's seen a cherry since age 13, thanks to her trashy parents.

Most of us probably drank while under age, yes. But most of us weren't held up to the world by Disney to be the most wholesome and pure model for young girls, either. Most of us didn't have record companies pushing CD's of us screaming like a raped cat and hailing it as real music. Now parents who thought that 'Hannah Montana' was a harmless influence on their kids are mortified to see this sweet little girl whom their daughters have modeled themselves after is running full sprint to see just how big a whore she can become, and how fast, all to shed the 'Hannah' image.

There's that, plus the fact that her parents are classless inbreeds, and let her do whatever she wants because she's the moneymaker.

Sandra

How is this a big deal? I just went on an old friend of mines facebook who's 16 and guess what? I found loads of party pictures of her yet she's down to earth always goes to school studies well. Just wow at USA. You should really start thinking about giving an age limit on guns instead of alcohol. Which on is more dangerous? Get the picture?

Kris

Why is TMZ "contacting the authorities." The fact that the united states feels something is important does not mean everyone feels ther same way. Get a life guys. Mind your own business.

boobymanz

When she turns 18 in a few days, she's going to go bat-**** crazy. I guarantee that by this time next year, there's going to be an ass load of nude pics and maybe even a sex tape (if they don't already exist that is). I can just sense it.

John

Not a fan of hers at all. But take a close look at that pic. Her beer is FULL. It would be interesting to know if she actually drank any of it or if she was carrying it to look cool.

leslie

HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE HAD A DRINK IN YOUR TEENS??? THAT IS WHAT I THOUGHT NOW SIT DOWN AND HUSH!
LEAVE THIS CHILD ALONE HER WHOLE WORLD IS FALLING ALL AROUND HER,GIVE HER SOME PRIVACY!!!