Michael Jackson's 'Breaking News' -- The Real Deal

11/7/2010 8:07 PM PST BY Harvey Levin

Hey, it's Harvey. We usually don't write first person on TMZ, but I gotta tell you what I just heard.

Michael Jackson Breaking News song:

Someone has played me the song "Breaking News." I'm not a music expert, but I am a Michael Jackson music fan ... and it's definitely Michael Jackson. The song -- which is awesome -- is a pretty harsh look through Michael's eyes at the media. In essence, he is saying ... You've treated me shabbily and you've hoped for my demise, but I'm back!

One of the lyrics:
 "They want to see that I fall,
cause I'm Michael Jackson.
You write the words to destroy
like it's a weapon."

In another part of the song, Jackson sings:
"Everybody wanting a piece of Michael Jackson.
Reporters stalking the moves of Michael Jackson.
Just when you thought he was done,
he comes to give it again."

The song is vintage Jackson. The initial beat will remind you of "Billie Jean" and there are all sorts of MJ trademarks throughout.

When you hear it, you will not be able to suppress the image of Jackson dancing to the song.

The song was recorded at the home of music producer Eddie Cascio, when Michael Jackson was living there for four months in 2007.

As good as the song is ... it's not the first single that will be released. We're told we might be able to post a copy of  "Breaking News" on TMZ as soon as late tonight.

Scott

Out of all seriousness WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Now that's MJ

Gonna sleep well tonight and can't wait for the cd...

And hey MJ love u more dude.

Scott

I love u more unwell good luck with everything that makes the "hate" burn inside u..........

Elissa

Wow thanks alot for sharing this with us, Harv! :) I can't wait to hear the full song. You're so lucky to have heard it already!

iFart

Wow, I'm not sure what to think honestly. I just listened to the song and now I understand what the kids are saying about it not being MJ's vocals. I didn't give those stories much credence at all, and although it sounds like his voice on parts, it definitely does not sound like him throughout the whole song. The beat and music does sound like his work, but this is really disconcerting...I'm not sure I'll buy the album now.

Love how Harvey qualifies that he's a Michael Jackson "music" fan, not just a Michael Jackson fan. Lame. No wonder he doesn't hear what real MJ fans will.

Scott

I guess the truth hurts huh unwell..."shrug" gnight have fun on the forums cause as we all know thats your pathetic life.

All I want you to know is we love u dude and not in the way u were hurt as a child........

Peace :)

Elissa

Harv may not care for MJ personally but he has always said he absolutely loves MJ's music! That's the only think that should matter you guys, so stop being racist about Jews!:( MJ would hate to see some of his fans being racist.:( Some of his best friends by the way were Jewish.

sweetcancer

tjjackson TJ Jackson tweets:
Sounds like Jason Malachi to me too. The vibrato is a dead give away that it's not my uncle. Fans, I am so sorry you were put through this.

Barb.A.

I can hear MJ's voice thru out the song. It sounds like there are back up singers and 2 more singers that sing along with MJ and one of the singers sound really close to MJ's voice but I can clearly hear MJ's voice along with them. I can understand why his kids would be confused over it. It has a good sound to it.

Scott

It's not racisim when it's true......check my previous post I have buried more then 50,000 people and sad but true that's the way it is viewed it their own community not mine! To the fence line with Harvey either way he will need lots of ummmmm hydration where he is going. Dat's from his people not mine................

Scott

One last parting shot if I may sleepy here.

Can someone please turn the microwave on at Unwells house so the 55yr old fat balding loser finally gets to meet MJ in person?

I truely hope u enjoy his music unwell cause thats all you r gonna hear is angels singing while u rot?

That said I love u more I honestly hope u get the help u need and this is nothing more then a wake up call.

Peace :)

Jules

Is this corny to say? I just find that MJ was too 'pop' sounding after his Black or White track. this track seems ways too simple for the Michael I know. It's too bad that society drove him to make such topical music. Yeah, yeah, I know that he released "Man in The Mirror" back in the day. This track "Breaking News" is not a track I would dance to, but it will probably get some easy listening/top 40 rotation.

Scott

Sorry unwell no need I am not gay.

Good luck shopping your 55yr old asssss at old age homes though.

While u r peeing and drooling on yourself I hope u get to hear some MJ music piped in.

At your age be careful a slip and fall may result in permanant injury.

I love u more Unwell may god have pity on your soul.

Good night "dude"

I love u more.

LoveMJ

Just listened to the song. Think it was definately one of Michael's songs, and I think it could have been awesome. But it's not, because it's not all him. I didn't even know there was a controversy to it when I first played it, and immediately was questioning who was singing. His family has this one right. This is, at least in part, a fraud!

MJ is the Greatest of all

HARVEY YOU are a VERY clever PERSON! YES it's DEFINITELY MJ SINGING and it is ALSO MJ in the CHORUS!!! MJ sings the EXACT SAME WAY in the song TABLOID JUNKIE! PEOPLE needs to LISTEN to THAT damn SONG AGAIN!!!!MJ's voice WAS getting DEEPER as HE GOT OLDER! ESPECIALLY his "HEE HEE"S!!!!" SOME of you DUMB FANS FORGOT how the MAN SOUNDS because U HAVE NOT Heard him IN A LONG TIME!!! SO STFU!!! IT'S DEFINITELY HIM!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rXlOVZF4Jc TABLOID JUNKIE SONG

Deborah

Sorry Harvey,
Agree with some of what you say. The beat, the MJ trademarks (hee hee!), even the image of Michael beatboxing and dancing. But the voice is NOT Michael's. Michael's voice is so distinctive, there's no one else like him. This is unfortunately for all involved, a scam. Taking a song that Michael may have been working on, didn't complete, and adding someone else's vocals? So wrong! Michael's memory and his children don't deserve this. Please don't add credence to this fake by endorsing it.

Debbie - Canada